Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Since they ruined the Alicia character in the anime making her a victim of the system, i hope the manga do better justice of the source material. Moreover with that end the anime will surely not have more seasons, so the manga is the only adaption left. Cross fingers. :)
The anime ends with Volume 1, and there's at least 4 more volumes of stuff to go through. Alicia's anime personality would only clash with one or two plot threads. The author has mentioned that they like the anime's take on Alicia so I don't think "ruined" or "[doing] better justice of the source material" is accurate.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun seeing Patrick's PoV this chapter with a lot of good panels. Thanks for the translation!

Contributor
The anime ends with Volume 1, and there's at least 4 more volumes of stuff to go through. Alicia's anime personality would only clash with one or two plot threads. The author has mentioned that they like the anime's take on Alicia so I don't think "ruined" or "[doing] better justice of the source material" is accurate.

Regardless, it was a lot of fun seeing Patrick's PoV this chapter with a lot of good panels. Thanks for the translation!
Well, they changed the ending and the Alicia personality, she is clearly the true villainess toward Yumiella,
she instulted calling her a small fry, and also back stabbed her with the light dagger, but in the anime she is controlled by the system so she play innocent. Is odd that the author is fine with these changes.

That's why i doubt there will be more seasons, but of course i can be wrong.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"I'm at least that much self-aware. Also, I wonder if he has a lover?"
When "that much" is not much at all.

And she was even wrong about the part she thought she was different from him. Well, she is different, but he's doing it for the same reason as her.

Just tell her already. She's too dense to get it otherwise, and you should know that.

Her tooting the horn is so cute
As opposed to when she's not tooting the horn? :p

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, the anime changed Alicia, too? Howso? I'm fine with spoilers.
the manga isn’t finished with vol 1 of the novel yet but it feels the anime is adapting the manga version so far.

The outcome of the novel and the anime is the same but both Alicia’s characterization are different. Honestly LN Alicia felt like she just is there and her characterization felt half baked.

LN Alicia didn’t ask Yumeilla for advice about her powers and didn’t reveal her being forced to complete events. LN Alicia doesn’t want to level up while Anime Alicia was coddled by her harem too much that she wasn’t progressing.

Alicia and her harem minus the prince in LN stabs Yumeilla for wanting to get credit for killing the demon lord. LN Alicia does return in later volumes and becomes even more petty.

Honestly Anime Alicia was better simply because there is more to her character while the LN there isn’t much. Both Alicias get punished for the stabbing but Its f’d that Anime Alicia didn’t deserve it because the game forced her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wait, the anime changed Alicia, too? Howso? I'm fine with spoilers.
They made her a victim of the game system. There's a lot she didn't want to do but ended up doing. It takes control of her and pretty much used her. In the anime, she wasn't even going to attend the academy when asked too. But the next thing she knows, she's in a carriage heading to the academy. So a few other plot points have her being controlled instead.

Users who are viewing this thread