Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Love that student speculating that it's a secret language only her family knows. Hasn't he listened to the teacher?! It wouldn't be very powerful as it wouldn't be widely used. ^^;

Group Leader
deja vu...was this concept explained in the original too? if not, anyone have any anime/manga recs for magic that works similar to this? using one's original world language for magic after being isekai'd

Dex-chan lover
@mimicking there's a few like that, the only that came to mind is wordmaster though, the others are pretty much generic "born with a magic cheat isekai".

When she/he forgot the name of the capture target I too, scroll up to double-check for their name lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Pyoro Only the duke's family knows could refer to a forgotten language that only her family kept records of. There are a lot of lost languages in our world too, but there were way more before. Archaeologists have over the years uncovered written murals and tomes that let them decipher those languages...a great example of that would be ancient Egyptian. Now imagine someone finding the same thing, but keeping it a secret from the rest of the world and only passing it down their family line.

Dex-chan lover
@mimicking : There was a series where Japanese IS the magic language (or Chinese, since it's mostly kanji), though I don't remember which it was, but it allows MC to know the magic far better than others.

Another one the 'grammar' of magic language is the same as computer programming (though the words are unique to that world)

Another one that kinda count.
In Bookworm each mage ('real' mages, not just people with magic power) is granted a magical item by the Gods that can change its form into various magical tools through certain specific phrases.

During a class, Myne casually wonder if she can transform it into something else, and she did it with a registered keyword "Mizuteppou" (the toy water gun)
Her initial version shoot out water that has cleansing effect, but then later on while lazing in her room she wondered if she can shoot something else, like how her teacher shot multiple crossbow bolts from a single shot of his magical crossbow.
So she tried, and got scolded for wrecking her room in doing so.

Later on she also make a spell 'copy then paste' that do just that, copying texts and replicating it to another spot.
Though after she got over her initial excitement she realized she got 'copy and paste' wrong, so now the spell is forever 'copy then paste'
She even give it the ability to adjust the text size on the fly later on.
Ferdinand "Look, your text is the wrong size here, this is fine for normal texts but won't work for magic circles"
Myne "Hmm, let me try to see if I can resize it"
Fer "What absurd thing ar-"
Myne "I did it!" :D
Fer /facepalm "...right, just keep going then"

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Even slang or shortening is okay? He's 'bout to be OP in more ways than elegance.

I actually love stories where the Villainess and Heroines are BFFS, so this is great.

Fed-Kun's army
the baby isekai for programing
nearly all isekai that go into magic for japanese being the magic language, Tensei Shichattayo is one of them if I remember right.

Double-page supporter
@Junpaku ummm that's not what I'm saying... What I'm saying in my previous comment is that if just with the intention on mind you can cast magic when the writing is wrong then maybe you can do imaginary casting, of course when you do those imaginary casting you need to use the language that have lot history in it, in this case Oji-chan can use the kanji or even Chinese if he can (because chinese language have lot of history than Japanese).

MD@Home
I wonder how I'd feel if I find out my dad is a beautiful young lady who is seducing a bunch of other beautiful young ladies.

I'm honestly conflicted...

Double-page supporter
I think every working adult reaches a point where they don't sweat the small stuff and just care if it works or not. (o˘д˘)o

Dex-chan lover
If it works, it works.. truer words have never been spoken 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread