Akuyaku Reijou to Akuyaku Reisoku ga, Deatte Koi ni Ochitanara ~Nanashi no Seirei to Keiyaku shite Oidasareta Reijou wa, Kyou mo Reisoku to Kisoiatte…

Dex-chan lover
I think the “stroking a stranger’s hair” trope is the most repulsive one for me. I get that it’s supposed to be flirty and romantic in eastern media, but just 🤮
I don't think it has ever been presented as romantic when it's between two strangers.

The most distant the relationship that could qualify in a shoujo msnga is that they're in the same school, but the guy is attractive, or the girl already has a crush on him.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it has ever been presented as romantic when it's between two strangers.

The most distant the relationship that could qualify in a shoujo msnga is that they're in the same school, but the guy is attractive, or the girl already has a crush on him.
I've read my fair share of shoujo manga and manhwa, and I've seen it used in just about every different type of relationship dynamic. Whether it's meeting for first time like here, or as acquaintances/friends, or an actual couple in their bedroom.

I agree with the other comment that replied to me, the example in this chapter is definitely not presented as romantic, but It's hard to dismiss other stories as not being presented as romantic when authors are sometimes aiming for a subset of readers that like pushy/asshole/yandere type male leads. To readers that enjoy that type of male lead, behaviors like this is just extra spice.

Anyway, all I can say is that trope is not for me. The only tolerable setting would be a canon couple in the privacy of their own place/alone and even still I wouldn't say i particularly enjoy seeing it.

Anyway, all I can say is that trope is not for me. The only tolerable setting would be a canon couple in the privacy of their own place/alone and even still I wouldn't say i particularly enjoy seeing it.
if you don't like it even for a canon couple in private setting then it seems like it's a subjective opinion based on yout tastes (nothing wrong with that) rather than an objective one since,well,many enjoy it in manga even in flirty situation between non-couple,many see it as a cute situation and usually for couples we see far more spicier stuff especially in private

Users who are viewing this thread