Alcohol and Ogre-girls - Ch. 32

Dex-chan lover
I know how this goes, first she gets kidnapped (or threatened, in this case,) then the booze comes out and suddenly they're much less antagonistic.

Dex-chan lover
Edit: actual question here, why does that weird-looking dog want to drink alcohol? Is alcohol a magical power up for every yokai? And why does it say bartender like that, does it not know what bartender is (which opens up so many more questions)?

why does the MuSearch club just so happens to have a bottle of rum and maple syrup?? /j
I am not actually asking, I was just echoing Naori "Why?" here. Some people needs to stop being so serious about everything.

I'm guessing "Yuri of Vermeille" is a parody of "Versailles no Bara"?

oh god "Heavenly Lords". This is going to be super terrible... Well, at least we're getting to know more about the reason why the ogres don't just rebel I guess, since the ogres slayers are still around and all.

thanks for the chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Even as an Aju supremacist, I'll accept Naori's second third fourth new girlfriend if she's half as fun as the others.

Dex-chan lover
Because they've been trying to come up with a cocktail to no avail.
my question was just me echoing Naori "Why?" here and making fun of the clearly plot device appearance of the rum & maple syrup.

But thinking logically about it, where would they even stash that? And if they want to come up a cocktail, they should have a whole damn bar in there to experiment, but that club room clearly doesn't have the space for that.

also, why would you even stash alcohol in a room full of collection stuff? They shouldn't even eat or drink tea in there tbh, one accident will lead to countless invaluable collections being ruined.

Dex-chan lover
my question was just me echoing Naori "Why?" here and making fun of the clearly plot device appearance of the rum & maple syrup.
And then here Naori answers the question of why. It's not a plot device. The whole reason Naori was brought there was to help them come up with a cocktail, so of course they have cocktail materials. If they didn't, they never would've brought her there.

Dex-chan lover
And then here Naori answers the question of why. It's not a plot device. The whole reason Naori was brought there was to help them come up with a cocktail, so of course they have cocktail materials. If they didn't, they never would've brought her there.
did you just ignore what I just wrote, explaining why I find that having drinks & food in the club room is a bad idea and not really logical?

If you want to start a discussion over a small detail, at least have the decency to quote all of my comment and make a counter-argument against it. If not, move on bro, I was just making a fun comment towards the details, why are you being so serious over it?

Dex-chan lover
explaining why I find that having drinks & food in the club room is a bad idea and not really logical?
But they did that because they were trying to make a cocktail. It doesn't matter if it's a bad idea or not. It's the thing they did.

Like, you asked a question which had an answer and now you turned getting that answer into a weird argument.

Dex-chan lover
But they did that because they were trying to make a cocktail. It doesn't matter if it's a bad idea or not. It's the thing they did.

Like, you asked a question which had an answer and now you turned getting that answer into a weird argument.
except I was never asking. I was repeating the character, and making a small, clearly-not-funny joke. So thank you for your unnecessary answer.

Dex-chan lover
We're continuing to flesh out this world, now meeting more humans other than Naori and seeing the way others view Oni. We can already tell that Naori might not get along well with Sakata, given that Sakata seems as equally stuck in the past as Hinata's family (plus she literally wants to kill them).

Dex-chan lover
New girl, get your fancy paper cutter off the bartender's neck. You can't treat Naori the same way you'll treat any average Dick around here! Don't y'all heavenly lords got no manners?

Supporter
Another new character? Is it just me, or does it sometimes feel a little like the setting keeps expanding solely to justify ongoing publication?

That said, so far the author's been able to pull it off - getting to know more about the ogres and their history has given Naori and Hinata's relationship a much better foundation, as well as allowing Naori to find her calling (or rediscover it, since this clearly goes back to her childhood adoration of her grandfather). I'm guessing this is going to kick off our discovery of the human side of all that history . . .

But am I the only one who thinks Hinata might find herself just a mite jelly when she hears that not only has some group of randos decided to lay claim to /her/ Naori, they're planning to sell her on the open market?

Users who are viewing this thread