Amai-san wa Tsumetakute Amai - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Age gap in teenage years seems weird because it's a period where we undergo a lot of (physical and mental) changes, so it makes age differences quite noticeable, but in the following years those differences tend to disappear.
I'm pretty sure in some countries, you're allowed to have a relationship with a younger person, but only if the age gap is not any bigger than 2 years old and you know them from childhood. I know France does something like that. =/
IIRC law in France states that it's forbidden if one of the two is under 15, or if under 16 AND the age gap is bigger than 3 years.

Dex-chan lover
Age gap in teenage years seems weird because it's a period where we undergo a lot of (physical and mental) changes, so it makes age differences quite noticeable, but in the following years those differences tend to disappear.
My wife is 5 years older than me, we're in our thirties and I'll tease her sometimes about how when she was graduating I was in middle school. Though she also teases me about things like not getting references so it goes both ways.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn’t class 1-2 mean she’s like 15-16?

I thought she was closer to 18 so this wouldn’t be weird 🤦‍♂️

No bueno
So let's be real, at youngest he could be 17 in first year of uni so i don't really see any such problem when ya use real world logic. Like a 3 year gap is fuck all, specially considering it might not even be that much.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure in some countries, you're allowed to have a relationship with a younger person, but only if the age gap is not any bigger than 2 years old and you know them from childhood. I know France does something like that. =/
here in mine, as long as it is not more than 5, you're socially okay!

Unless parents are already done doing the arranged marriage.

Dex-chan lover

In the US (which I know thanks to one of the Transformers movies having an incredibly cringe-inducing scene where they literally grind the plot of the movie to a halt to discuss this very issue) I believe that it's OK if the age gap is relatively small (like less than 5 years), and the relationship started when both parties were minors (under 18) and therefore it wouldn't have been potentially illegal.

So that wouldn't work in the case of these two. But I'm OK with that because it's a manga and Amai is adorable around him.

before april 2022 the age for marriage was 18 years for male and 16 years for female, after april 2022 the age is now 18 for both.
also a change in the "adult age" before it was 20 years, it's now reduced to 18 years.

lol, maybe some manga's need now a revision :cool:

Last edited:
Supporter
Note to all the age-gap talk: it's only even relevant in the event of a sexual relationship and, at these ages, not at all to mere dating.

Dex-chan lover
She's on the first grade?

I thought she's 17 at least. Well well onii-san, you might want to hold back for some times

Dex-chan lover
Note to all the age-gap talk: it's only even relevant in the event of a sexual relationship and, at these ages, not at all to mere dating.
One of my three top tier manga is a boy-meets-girl involving a middle schooler and a 30-40 year old woman that's as socially stunted as he is.

Currently, my favorite shoujo manga is one involving a 17 year old and a 27 year old divorcee.

Me, I'm so over the age-gap-in-fiction talk like you wouldn't believe, especially when it goes into "if only he/she was 1-2 years older..." territory (don't even get me started on when both parties are actual adults, but it's STILL a problem because one of the parties is "only" 18 so they don't "have enough life experience"). It's one thing when it's in real life, but does it just take an "all depicted characters are 18 or older" sticker to assuage your anxiety?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@Eighty-six You can't just leave us hanging with descriptions only...
Respectively, Yofukashi no Uta and Promise Cinderella.

For comedic reasons, I left out that the heroine of the former manga is a vampire.

(Also, don't support the official English release of the former-- it's bafflingly poorly done. You're better off reading the scans from Tonikaku and /a/, which you can find on this site.)

Supporter
Respectively, Yofukashi no Uta and Promise Cinderella.

For comedic reasons, I left out that the heroine of the former manga is a vampire.

(Also, don't support the official English release of the former-- it's bafflingly poorly done. You're better off reading the scans from Tonikaku and /a/, which you can find on this site.)
Duh, I shoulda knowed the first one...

Users who are viewing this thread