An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
The art may be different, but the amount of sugar is the same as the LN.

Dex-chan lover
J-Novel Club holds the LN's official license.

The title isn't being translated, but localized.

It does fit the story, it's just not a synopsis like the original.
It's also a way better title than the original due to being far more recognizable while actually marketing the story correctly, because it's actually telling any potential readers what to expect from this series instead of being a synopsis of the very first chapter.
God I hate J-Novel, best way to know the novel will never be in actual print. (I hate paying 15 dollars for a pdf, that isn't even mine lmao)

Dex-chan lover
God I hate J-Novel, best way to know the novel will never be in actual print. (I hate paying 15 dollars for a pdf, that isn't even mine lmao)
JNC stuff are DRM free so that make your purchase more yours than when you get them from bookwalker or other retails for other publishers digitally, unless you use a shady way to remove the DRM

And since a good few years, print or no print depend on who they make a deal with, they don't print by themselves anymore (if they ever did)

Dex-chan lover
JNC stuff are DRM free so that make your purchase more yours than when you get them from bookwalker or other retails for other publishers digitally, unless you use a shady way to remove the DRM

And since a good few years, print or no print depend on who they make a deal with, they don't print by themselves anymore (if they ever did)
If you have to read it online, are you completely sure its DRM free? If it wasn't then I think you wouldn't have to have an account to buy books from them. I'm probably wrong here idk. I usually read manga on this site then buy it on bookwalker to support the author. Bookwalker has also come out with translations of their own, and even though I said I don't like buying pdfs, there's less middlemen when buying off there so it's cheaper imo.

Dex-chan lover
If you have to read it online, are you completely sure its DRM free? If it wasn't then I think you wouldn't have to have an account to buy books from them. I'm probably wrong here idk. I usually read manga on this site then buy it on bookwalker to support the author. Bookwalker has also come out with translations of their own, and even though I said I don't like buying pdfs, there's less middlemen when buying off there so it's cheaper imo.
Yeah is DRM free, you buy them in their site (Premium), download the EPUB from their site, then you can do whatever you want with it like convert to PDF if you want, since you don't need to be online to read it or use a specific app by them where you gotta log, this used to be only for Light Novels before, but they been doing them for manga now (not many publishers are willing to do DRM free manga)

Is DRM free as much as GOG is, where you get your game, can download the setup and install and use without having to be online or login to your account after you download it, unlike Steam or Epic (well as long as the game isn't an online one lol)

Last edited:
I guess I can't say anything about JNovel Club in regard to manga, since I've never bought manga directly off their site before, but I adore them as Light Novel translators. (For LN site purchases, you don't have to read them online, you get a download for an epub file that you can then upload to any ebook reader, including bookwalker)

I appreciate that they release digital versions as soon as they're done, and then the physical ones later. I don't have all the details, but I know that there's a lot to printing books, and that it takes a long time to do so, especially post covid, so I much prefer JNovel's staggered releases, as it means more books in a series per year compared to other companies. (Personally, I mostly read digital, since I can't fit 2,000+ books on my bookshelf)

Also, as far as I'm aware, they are the only company that collects and releases the store exclusive bonus short stories, which are always fun reads to me. (These bonus shorts are only in physical releases and the premium ebooks you buy directly off their site)

Aggregator gang
oh? i thought she was going to confess about the dare soon
maybe in the next couple of chapters

Dex-chan lover
Yeah is DRM free, you buy them in their site (Premium), download the EPUB from their site, then you can do whatever you want with it like convert to PDF if you want, since you don't need to be online to read it or use a specific app by them where you gotta log, this used to be only for Light Novels before, but they been doing them for manga now (not many publishers are willing to do DRM free manga)

Is DRM free as much as GOG is, where you get your game, can download the setup and install and use without having to be online or login to your account after you download it, unlike Steam or Epic (well as long as the game isn't an online one lol)
I guess I can't say anything about JNovel Club in regard to manga, since I've never bought manga directly off their site before, but I adore them as Light Novel translators. (For LN site purchases, you don't have to read them online, you get a download for an epub file that you can then upload to any ebook reader, including bookwalker)

I appreciate that they release digital versions as soon as they're done, and then the physical ones later. I don't have all the details, but I know that there's a lot to printing books, and that it takes a long time to do so, especially post covid, so I much prefer JNovel's staggered releases, as it means more books in a series per year compared to other companies. (Personally, I mostly read digital, since I can't fit 2,000+ books on my bookshelf)

Also, as far as I'm aware, they are the only company that collects and releases the store exclusive bonus short stories, which are always fun reads to me. (These bonus shorts are only in physical releases and the premium ebooks you buy directly off their site)
Hmmm, then I might give them another chance.... Still I wish the Japanese publishers were able to publish translations in the U.S instead of J-Novel or Yen press. (Like Manga-up does).

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation, honestly tho one thing I noticed that I couldn't really not notice afterword is...the fingers in this chapter are really long...you're welcome if you didn't notice it till after I mentioned it.
Yup! I noticed there stick like fingers, i mean how did artist not noticed or noticed after whole thing was done maybe..

Fed-Kun's army
I like this series but they really should get over the relationship is fake bit already, like every chapter has released makes mention of that bit. I just want them to be a cute couple without knowing there’s gonna a be a BIG DRAMA arc coming soon.
Yea i hope they address that soon so we can move on to just a wholesome romance.

Dex-chan lover
I'll admit I mostly complained just to complain and vent some cringe/pain after reading the title (and some annoyance at almost missing a title I liked had continued, just because name got changed). But since I was given the opportunity to do so again and in more of a rant format..: ( :salute: thanks - don't take anything following too seriously ;D)
J-Novel Club holds the LN's official license.

The title isn't being translated, but localized.

It does fit the story, it's just not a synopsis like the original.
How does it fit the story? MC is only borderline introvert (and that is only because he self-introduced as one. Have yet to see any "introvert" story-archetypes for him, beyond "comically poor fashion sense". He's smooth a.f most of the time), it's not a hookup (both interpretations fail: they are dating; they haven't had sex), there are no hiccups (neither literal nor metaphorical), and even the gal-/gyaru-fashion part is barely there :p
But mostly I just dislike how it is physically painful to read the title :haa:

But yes, I agree (with whom?) that poor title-translations shouldn't be justified as being "localized" (the reason they changed is more likely to do with marketing to a market with a stigma for "synopsis"-style titles. Not because of alien phrasing/sayings/wordplay/whatever). Particularly since there was nothing to localize about it aside from maybe the word "gal/gyaru" (the latter being even more local to jp :D), and the result wasn't any more local than the original.
Even in the case where loclaized titles sounds good, it still only causes confusion when ppl look for or see the untranslated version (like wheel of time, etc.).
It's also a way better title than the original due to being far more recognizable while actually marketing the story correctly, because it's actually telling any potential readers what to expect from this series instead of being a synopsis of the very first chapter.
I completely disagree with both claims here. Like I mentioned before, had I not already read this I would never pick it up after the name-change. So I already knew that in reality it is, unlike what expectations the title conveys, actually good.

Like you mentioned, that is the novel. You do have a point that dbs seem to agree that that randomunknown group hold authority over the novel's english title (which makes sense if they got the actual international or english license like you mentioned :D).
Dunno what this is, but seems you still only refer to the novel and it doesn't have that name listed for the manga.
Dunno what this is, and yeah they changed both.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still really hoping there will be a big reveal that the friend's knew she was already interested in him so they made up a punishment game to get them together.

Supporter
I like this series but they really should get over the relationship is fake bit already, like every chapter has released makes mention of that bit. I just want them to be a cute couple without knowing there’s gonna a be a BIG DRAMA arc coming soon.
The drama arc is the entire point of the series for the first month. There's time for the other stuff after.

Or not.

Supporter
I'm still really hoping there will be a big reveal that the friend's knew she was already interested in him so they made up a punishment game to get them together.
Sorta.
They evaluated a number of potential candidates to find someone who was dateable but somehow hadn't managed to be seen that way, who was a decent person without being either creepy or stuck on himself and, most importantly, seemed like he'd have some chemistry with Nanami. They understood her type -- better than she did, obviously.

Dex-chan lover
the neck anatomy
IMG_1105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread