An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Quite true. Although tbh, she's already suffering a form of comeuppance for her actions in the form of the guilt she keeps feeling, and said guilt will continue as long as the truth remains hidden. So I feel that balances out (to an extent ofc).
That she feels guilt means she knows it was wrong, which does put her on the path to forgiveness. What I think mitigates is somewhat is that her friends pushed in on her, so she felt it was something she had to do, rather than something she did for shits and giggles. And in their defence, while I might not remember exactly what happened, my impression is that they picked him because he wouldn't be a bad boyfriend if it actually worked out, so they didn't do it for shits and giggles either. They also intended to help her with her problems, which is at least not malicious.

Minor note: In no way I'm saying that I feel sorry for her.
Characters suffering the consequences of their own actions isn't something that you should feel sorry for, either (assuming it was their own choice and they weren't misled). But it can make the story more interesting, if it's written properly.

Dex-chan lover
The point of Volume 1 (which we just left) was that she fell hard for him for real before the end of that first weekend but absolutely can't forget (or forgive herself for) how it started. It's a weight on her conscience but also drives her to accelerate their progress so he's less likely to leave once he knows the truth. "Commuter wife" play is just one of her plans.
the problem with both couple...within 1st week both become really love each other...

problem with our guy he know the truth but keep pretending he dont know
( he scare he hurt her if he reveal he know she confess because punishment game ) ..yet he dont know she love him for real

and for our FMC...she ended really fall with him ...but in same time she scare he will hate her if she reveal about truth of her confession
so..yea...we going need endure seeing both in guilt trip until 1st month time reached

Dex-chan lover
It was A Farewell's Love That Begins with a Bet. Nearly the exact same premise, she was aware that the confession was a bet, but still still went along with it, because she was in love with the dude. Imo just because the person who likes you is okay with you doing a bad thing (i.e. fake confession) doesn't not make it a bad thing. I understand that they are happy to receive love regardless of whether or not they believe in it's validity, but dishonesty is still kinda shitty. It's a "two things can be true at once" kinda thing for me.
Before going into the actual reason why the guy was hated there, let me just say this, thanks for the recommendation, binged it and enjoyed it all in one sitting.

Now onto why he was actually torn into, it's cause he was indecisive as all hell, he had 2 months to tell her and he didn't even tell her once cause of his indecisiveness, people hated that rather than him going out with her cause of a bet, that's what I got from reading all of it. Now in this particular manga, Nanami isn't indecisive like him, she's gonna come clean in a month (probably, I think she should, cause LN readers hint that)(spoilered just incase), so yeah, it's not a gender issue but a resolve issue.

Dex-chan lover
Glad you enjoyed the series! I absolutely understand what you're coming from, and I think that's fair. It is true that the other male protag took 2 months and chapter 12.5 says that our FL will confess on the one month anniversary (ngl, I totally thought they'd been together for a semester at this point). So yeah atm, it's unfair for me to say it's the same thing. But I still feel like the FL still should be getting some heat, even if it's not to the same extent. Waiting a month to tell the truth is not great behavior.

Dex-chan lover
But I still feel like the FL still should be getting some heat, even if it's not to the same extent. Waiting a month to tell the truth is not great behavior.
That's the point he never told the truth till it got to late, that is till the FL leaves him, if he told her at the beach, or when she was about to resign he definitely wouldn't have gotten that much flak. Also adding on to that is that he's supposed to be a working adult who's actually responsible at work, and the FL here is a high schooler who are known to be immature, so yeah, there are quite a few reasons as to why the reactions aren't the same.

He was made to get angry at, like the author says it in their afterword, and they pulled it off pretty well, props to the author for that at least

Fed-Kun's army
I would say get a room already but they will probably confess about the punishment game first and about him knowing about it, their feelings again and get into a relationship for real before that happens.

Contributor
His parents have blessed their relationship too. You love to see it. The pressure to make it real is building up from all around them.

I really like that his parents saw through to the in-practice, real state of their relationship. It may be fake on paper, and in his head, but to outside observers, it looks as real as any real relationship can be.

Good to see Youshin's former ice queen-type-kuudere-looking mom can name a dozen things she likes about her husband, who from outside looks as generic as any typical romcom protagonist if he were younger. But I'm sure he keeps his power level hidden well. Yeah, these two were the protagonists of their own romcom back in the day and no one can convince me otherwise.

The parents of both sides are now involved, and mama Shinobu has even exchanged contacts with Nanami. There is even talk of the two pairs of parents possibly going to meet each other (after the 1-month business trip, perhaps). If there is still any intention of backing out of reality once the one month deadline rolls over, they'll have dug themselves into their graves by all of this acknowledgment from the parents. I'd say their relationship is practically a fait accompli now. All that's left is to acknowledge its reality, at some point.

Bold move from Nanami to declare her intention and ask for permission to visit her boyfriend in his house while his parents are away.

Dex-chan lover
She would be omegachad if she also got his parents to fund the cooking materials :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread