An Introvert's Hookup Hiccups: This Gyaru Is Head Over Heels for Me! - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
o7
We salute your CPU's sacrifice, OP.

I don't get what's wrong about what the dad said? Maybe I'm super dense, but the only thing would be embarrassing her about not being good with boys in front of her boyfriend who already knows.

Idk either. Maybe something about how he was insinuating she might have stayed overnight? 🫣

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember, did we ever find out why she's not good with guys? Like a specific event or just never been good with them.. and I mean, with a dad like that I can kinda see why. Even if he's actually a good guy, he is very intimidating and seems to be casually threatening of Youshin.

Supporter
Oh her parents are protective, but not too protective. That's a relief. But I can understand Nanami's anger. She lied pretty much because of her dad's way of being overbearing at times.

It probably makes her feel really bad being reminded of her troubles, and the fact that their relationship started with a lie. I sure do hope Youshin can somehow mitigate the troubles that are brewing right now.

Both Saya and Mom are happy that Nanami has a boyfriend. Mom especially likes that Nanami's happy when making the bentos. Dad is relieved that Youshin is a good guy, but I do think he's giving the wrong impression with his words.
They're not all that protective, though.
It won't be too much longer before Youshin will spend some time essentially living with them.

And dad is basically bluffing here, which he'll cop to after a naked Nanami, drunk on liquor chocolates, tries to seduce Youshin and fails, leading dad to straight-up tell him he absolutely wouldn't have held out if faced with that kind of situation at a similar age.

Supporter
I don't remember, did we ever find out why she's not good with guys? Like a specific event or just never been good with them.. and I mean, with a dad like that I can kinda see why. Even if he's actually a good guy, he is very intimidating and seems to be casually threatening of Youshin.
She just never had much contact with them so, as they got older and bolder, she got even more timid to the point of dressing at school specifically to keep therm at a distance.

Edit: I totally forgot all the weird things her dad used to say he'd do to any boy who came around, leading her to keep a distance at the age she should've begun moving toward them. That distance just kept on growing until she was the way she was when the story started.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

May your CPU not be reunited with mine that been dead for like a year at this point and can't be bothered to change (since i been coping with this shitty 10 yo laptop)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Did this really start on a dare? I know that is the set up, but it seemed like she really liked him off rip. That flashback was from the boys perspective no?

Dex-chan lover
Cut to Nanami's flashback of her dad saying weird things. He's drunk and talking with a body building friend at a family barbecue. "If Nanami ever gets a boyfriend he'll need to be prepared to do full contact nude oil wrestling with me! HAHAHAHA!!"

Dex-chan lover
Did this really start on a dare? I know that is the set up, but it seemed like she really liked him off rip. That flashback was from the boys perspective no?
She didn't like him right away, and when he knocked her down she got scared thinking that he was a pig just like all other guys. That is until she realized he only did it to save her from the bucket that fell from a 3rd floor window. The bucket incident is what made her start to have interest in him.

Dex-chan lover
Thx for the translation!
I wish your watercooler will be fixed soon!

Although there's a slight change, they adapted it perfectly!
Dad may be scary but he's actually soft at heart. Believe me guys!

-------------------

This chapter adapted from Vol : 1 - Begining of Chapter 5
I guess the next manga chapter 11.5 will be Interlude about Nanami's thought when dad find out
Also, I can't link EPUB of the novel translation cause it is promoting fanstranslation when there's already an official english release can I?

--------------------

Like always, I'll spoil the novel

I don't get what's wrong about what the dad said? Maybe I'm super dense, but the only thing would be embarrassing her about not being good with boys in front of her boyfriend who already knows.
Both Saya and Mom are happy that Nanami has a boyfriend. Mom especially likes that Nanami's happy when making the bentos. Dad is relieved that Youshin is a good guy, but I do think he's giving the wrong impression with his words.
When dad says "Nanami you lied to me"

Dad actually meant Nanami lied with whom she hang out and even dare to stay at boy's house, considering she promised to go out with her 2 besties

Meanwhile, Nanami think about "batsugame" lie. That's why Nanami went mad

This is where Mom's intuition comes to light later

There's. But it would revealed in the next chapter or so.
Nanami is kind towards all ppl including the boys, thus they kinda get wrong impression and also, you know boy when they are kid they kinda bullied the girl they like to get her attention yea? Yeah that's pretty much what is happening.

This is also the reason why Dad becomes macho. He tryna prove to Nanami that's not all boy/man is scary, even a macho man like himself

298376794_767065767774534_8325592296826609316_n.jpg

Supporter
It's a dare but her friends took time to investigate a number of possible candidates before settling on this guy as her most compatible match. They fully intended this to last.

Supporter
[I wasn't intending this post to get this wordy so feel free to pretend it's not even here]

So I went back through all the chapters so I could piece together a timeline of what's gone on. Mostly for myself, but maybe others can find it useful as well. The key part to remember is that because of the release schedule, even though chapters have been uploaded since last June, there have only been 15 of them so far, and even in those we haven't even gone through a full week (2.5 mostly covers the events from 1.2 from Nanami's side, with a few pages at the start and end that are focused on her only).

.>Monday after school the punishment game is decided. Baron challenges Youshin to make Nanami fall for him. [chapter 1.1]

.>Tuesday after school is the confession, bucket hit + infirmary, walk home, exchange contacts, and go to school next day. Baron challenges to hold hands by the end of the week. (this is one part that comes off as off, since Youshin responds that there are "only two days left," which only works if you ignore Wednesday entirely) [1.2 & 2]

.>Wednesday is walking to school, holding hands/arms, announcement of dating to class (dear gob is that a breath of fresh air contrasting to so many "hide our relationship" stories), lunch together, after school date to buy a bento box, and date set up for Sunday (coming from Baron's challenge for Saturday). Nanami decides that she's going to make Youshin fall for her. [3, 4, 4.5]

.>Thursday's two main defining events are the brief conversation about Nanami's aversions to guys and the basketball challenge with Shibetsu-senpai (Youshin's win!). Nanami wants to chu his cheek. [5, 6, 7, and the start of 7.5]

.>Friday has Senpai wanting to be friends, and being turned down on joining the basketball club. Also, lots and lots of Nanami affections. [the rest of 7.5 and the starting pages of 8]

.>Saturday is going to the mall and running into Hatsumi, Ayumi, and a mysterrrrious third person -- oh wait, it was Nanami. [8 & 9]

.>Sunday brings us to now with the movie date main event, making gyoza together, then walking her home gently late at night into meeting the Barato family [10 & 11]

Even taking into account the story being more from Youshin's side than Nanami's, he seems to run the "it's just a month long punishment game" thought far more than she does. And while she does acknowledge it, it's not a solitary emotion.
image.png
image.png

I think by the time of the date she's pretty decided that "one month" no longer matters, even if she's still aware of it being present.
image.png

But between that interaction and her father saying she lied to them happening on the same day, she's probably worried that she has been or will be found out before he goal of making him fall for her comes to be (it's only been 4 days since she decided that goal).

Supporter
Thx for the translation!
I wish your watercooler will be fixed soon!

Although there's a slight change, they adapted it perfectly!
Dad may be scary but he's actually soft at heart. Believe me guys!

-------------------

This chapter adapted from Vol : 1 - Begining of Chapter 5
I guess the next manga chapter 11.5 will be Interlude about Nanami's thought when dad find out
Also, I can't link EPUB of the novel translation cause it is promoting fanstranslation when there's already an official english release can I?

--------------------

Like always, I'll spoil the novel

When dad says "Nanami you lied to me"

Dad actually meant Nanami lied with whom she hang out and even dare to stay at boy's house, considering she promised to go out with her 2 besties

Meanwhile, Nanami think about "batsugame" lie. That's why Nanami went mad

This is where Mom's intuition comes to light later

There's. But it would revealed in the next chapter or so.
Nanami is kind towards all ppl including the boys, thus they kinda get wrong impression and also, you know boy when they are kid they kinda bullied the girl they like to get her attention yea? Yeah that's pretty much what is happening.

This is also the reason why Dad becomes macho. He tryna prove to Nanami that's not all boy/man is scary, even a macho man like himself

298376794_767065767774534_8325592296826609316_n.jpg
I wonder if you could tell me if my theorizing is somewhat on the right track?

Dex-chan lover
In case people in the comments are curious to what FMC is talking about with her father's words (spoilers taken from the LN), She's referring to her father saying "I won't let any guy take my daughter until they defeat me in battle!" or something along those lines. In actuality, it was a drunken rant the father shared with FMC's friend's boyfriend/step bro that he legit forgot about, which got the mother seriously pissed at him for a good bit. In short, they got the misunderstanding worked out and MC got the FMC's parents' blessing to date her.

Dex-chan lover
The weird skinny neck design change is really starting to ruin this Manga for me.

Dex-chan lover
[I wasn't intending this post to get this wordy so feel free to pretend it's not even here]

So I went back through all the chapters so I could piece together a timeline of what's gone on. Mostly for myself, but maybe others can find it useful as well. The key part to remember is that because of the release schedule, even though chapters have been uploaded since last June, there have only been 15 of them so far, and even in those we haven't even gone through a full week (2.5 mostly covers the events from 1.2 from Nanami's side, with a few pages at the start and end that are focused on her only).

.>Monday after school the punishment game is decided. Baron challenges Youshin to make Nanami fall for him. [chapter 1.1]

.>Tuesday after school is the confession, bucket hit + infirmary, walk home, exchange contacts, and go to school next day. Baron challenges to hold hands by the end of the week. (this is one part that comes off as off, since Youshin responds that there are "only two days left," which only works if you ignore Wednesday entirely) [1.2 & 2]

.>Wednesday is walking to school, holding hands/arms, announcement of dating to class (dear gob is that a breath of fresh air contrasting to so many "hide our relationship" stories), lunch together, after school date to buy a bento box, and date set up for Sunday (coming from Baron's challenge for Saturday). Nanami decides that she's going to make Youshin fall for her. [3, 4, 4.5]

.>Thursday's two main defining events are the brief conversation about Nanami's aversions to guys and the basketball challenge with Shibetsu-senpai (Youshin's win!). Nanami wants to chu his cheek. [5, 6, 7, and the start of 7.5]

.>Friday has Senpai wanting to be friends, and being turned down on joining the basketball club. Also, lots and lots of Nanami affections. [the rest of 7.5 and the starting pages of 8]

.>Saturday is going to the mall and running into Hatsumi, Ayumi, and a mysterrrrious third person -- oh wait, it was Nanami. [8 & 9]

.>Sunday brings us to now with the movie date main event, making gyoza together, then walking her home gently late at night into meeting the Barato family [10 & 11]

While I can't say for sure about the exact day nor the date

I can assure you (from the novel) this is somewhat true

Considering each vol of the novel represent 1 week of their live

Even taking into account the story being more from Youshin's side than Nanami's, he seems to run the "it's just a month long punishment game" thought far more than she does. And while she does acknowledge it, it's not a solitary emotion.
image.png
image.png

I dont get what you mean by this comment sorry

I think by the time of the date she's pretty decided that "one month" no longer matters, even if she's still aware of it being present.

image.png

while what you say it's partly true. She got slapped by Mom's fact about this batsugame thingy, so now she worked up so hard to make him fall in love

But between that interaction and her father saying she lied to them happening on the same day, she's probably worried that she has been or will be found out before he goal of making him fall for her comes to be (it's only been 4 days since she decided that goal).

Yes, she's shocked cause she think dad find out
dad didn't find out. But mom's instinct is sharp af, she later interrogation her why she's in shock

Users who are viewing this thread