Anata-tachi Soredemo Sensei Desu ka! - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.2 - Orizuru-sensei and the Matchmaking (2)

Dex-chan lover
Who called the marriage partner would be a jerk who wanted her to quit her job? Good job.

Though Kazami should not have interrupted until he heard sensei's answer.

I'm sure there were others, but I said it last chapter:

Feels like the smart money is going to be on the guy turning out to be a total douchebag who tells her that when they're married she's going to quit work and just be a housewife because it's what he wants and is traditional and everything breaks down from there. Because they can't set her up to leave without altering the premise of the series.

The only thing I was wrong about was that "everything" didn't break down because instead of telling him to piss off right away she wavered and got meek because the ML had to be the one to step in and save her.

Dex-chan lover
lol what the hell was that with the dude getting aggressive out of nowhere?

He's a smug, rich asshole who's used to getting everything he wants and living in a country where social stratification, respect/deference for your "betters", and an almost hellish avoidance of conflict is heavily culturally ingrained. The idea that anyone would stand up to him and tell him to get bent instead of just cowing and doing whatever he asks is probably totally alien to him.

Being advanced has nothing to do with having non traditional gender roles or be tolerant towards someone. A more progressive society just causes awful birth rates and the country is doomed because of it. It is better to have high birth rates while having less freedoms for some people it it means that the country will prosper.

Japan has terrible birth rates and is a much more socially conservative country than a lot of other 1st world nations. Progressive society does not mean lower birth rates or "dooming" the country. That's a load of garbage.

Last edited:
Contributor
He's a smug, rich asshole who's used to getting everything he wants and living in a country where social stratification, respect/deference for your "betters", and an almost hellish avoidance of conflict is heavily culturally ingrained. The idea that anyone would stand up to him and tell him to get bent instead of just cowing and doing whatever he asks is probably totally alien to him.

Japan has terrible birth rates and is a much more socially conservative country than a lot of other 1st world nations. Progressive society does not mean lower birth rates or "dooming" the country. That's a load of garbage.
the character was shown for only a few pages and you already know his whole life? Progressive society does mean "dooming" a country though. You just need to look at the many ancient civilizations that began declining after their social structure became more "progressive". One example is Greece before the Romans occupied it.

Group Leader
I never read the top comment but fir some reason I did this for this chaper and is something else lmao

That aside.
This chapter was a little funny to me.

Thanks for the tl

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to get X'd to hell for this, but dude has it backwards.
He should be marrying the grandma if he wants proper loving care like that.
If social media proved anything, it's that most female options nowadays can't homemake or cook for shit.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Simp somewhere else bitch ass nigga its an ecchi manga, get off of your high horse.
Triggered loser who can't even get a woman telling me to get off my high horse? LOL. What are you? 12? You're like those Call of Duty kids who can't help but drop the n-bomb at every opportunity because it makes them feel like a big man.

I don't simp for anyone. However, I do treat others with respect, and that includes women. Except for assholes like you. Get fucked.

Dex-chan lover
Triggered loser who can't even get a woman telling me to get off my high horse? LOL. What are you? 12? You're like those Call of Duty kids who can't help but drop the n-bomb at every opportunity because it makes them feel like a big man.

I don't simp for anyone. However, I do treat others with respect, and that includes women. Except for assholes like you. Get fucked.
I don't think the highly vulnerable subsection of the population in COD kids would appreciate you saying that. What happened to all the respect stuff buddeh
But all in all, I agree with your sentiments. You did a very brave thing just now.

Dex-chan lover
This guy has the right to ask for what he wants out of the relationship. Having a wife that raises the children is good because the children are raised with care and supervision at all times (versus something like a nanny where the care is now dependent on an outside party). His offer is financial stability under the condition that she is a traditional wife.

Similarly, Kanade has the right to refuse this in order to prioritize what she wants in life. She loses out on being taken care of, but also circumvents the risks associated with being entirely dependent on Noriaki.

Noriaki's violence toward Hiro was unjustified, but I could understand his anger. From his perspective, this random kid shows up and crashes your meeting and sabotages it, wasting your time and effort.

I'm happy Kanade stuck with what she wanted to do. She clearly wasn't into this arrangement but was doing it out of a sense of obligation.

Dex-chan lover
That's not even a flaw. He's right.
edgey comeback for sure, but he's right - it's a gutter-tier trope that was bilboarded for miles and required negative creativity. If there was a bingo chart for generic harem drama, this would be the "free" spot in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread