Angel or Villainess - Ch. 7

Fed-Kun's army
She could've said she wasn't feeling well because the Angela stole her mother's watch

@bacontheuber
I honestly don't know. We'll have to see if the author ever touches on it but I read from the spoilers that he was a fan favorite in the korean audience. All the ones who hurt the MC in the first timeline gets a bad end apparently.

For a second I thought this blue-haired dude was gonna be one of those characters who end up falling in love with the new heroine who was reincarnated

Aggregator gang
Well I'm on the fence about the fiance on his side
In timeline 1 he was drugged by Rona
Against him
So what would you want to be with someone who did all that ?

I knew it... I feel sad for our fl,
I wonder who'll be her partner(ml) 🙁
Any guesses? Cuz the profile pic of this doesn't even have a male in it. Will she be alright?

Fed-Kun's army
Dont worry Jayna, motherfucker is gonna get purged along with the thot anyway, fucking destroy them

The fact that any of you liked the fiancé fully knowing how he didn't even try to listen to Jayna as she was being accused of something crazy/on death row tells me all I need to know about who reads these webtoons.

@Lunatiarrah Have you never been friends with someone who has bad gossip associated with them? It doesn't matter what you say or what the truth is, people believe things about them because of the circumstances. It's worse in Jayna's case because Cassiel and Angela helped the rumours be more believable: Cassiel by abandoning her and Angela by being a pitiful angel. Who knows how else those two misrepresented who Jayna was but they're both pillars of society, one due to birth and one due to Jayna's efforts. So what they show the world about Jayna has power. Also Jayna liked taking the backseat to Angela so Jayna used/gave up a lot of her own social capital.

Also Angela is sly. She doesn't outright show how she feels about Jayna and you can definitely pretend to defend someone while throwing them under the bus. Cassiel fell in love on his own at first even if Angela flirted with him. If Jayna had no reason to suspect Angela, she would just see her flirting as the typical angelic behaviour of her closest friend.

@Inkstainedsmurt But ultimately, it is about saving her dad, herself and her people's lives? It seems petty and sadistic now but it's too late now that Angela is in her home under the Marquis' protection. She can't just kick Angela out or argue with her dad about it. What can she do but weaken Angela psychologically, socially and make sure Angela has no supporters.

Of course everything is from Jayna's perspective. That's how the story is being told. But at the same time, unless you think Jayna is hallucinating, we literally saw Jayna being executed because of Angela's envy. We saw Jayna's childhood friend condemn her without even listening to her side. We see Angela and her maid talking shit about Jayna for no reason except that she was kind enough to give the maid money.

You can like or dislike Jayna. I personally don't like that she wants to kill anyone. Then again, I've never been betrayed to that level. But it's a bit much to say the story doesn't give a reason for why Jayna feels how she feels and does what she does.

She's competent now because she can literally see the future. And it's not that she was incompetent before, it was that she trusted the wrong person. And she's not the only one: all of society trusted Angela.

@Shortnime @wanfai It's not a plot hole at all, it's just different parts of the timeline in her life with Angela: in the beginning she was the one bringing Angela out into society. But as Angela became a star in that circle, and Jayna was happy enough to take a backseat as seems to be her character (she's not ambitious, she had everything she wanted), things started to get rocky for Jayna: being abandoned by her grade A fiancé, the gossip about her, etc. We don't really know all the details at only 7 chapters but it's multiple years being skimmed over to keep the story flowing.

Hindsight is 20/20 and she's now able to better contextualize things that were only uncomfortable moments for her at the time. She's able to piece together the relevance of events now that she knows there is a bad actor in all this.

Maybe because this has happened to me in the past ("wow so-and-so never liked me"), I can sort of understand what's going on. Plus I've read dozens of these reborn stories.

you're tellin me he was friends with the mc since childhood and he still betrayed her for a bitch that didnt even love him back??? nah, no redemption for him throw him in the trash girl 😒

SIGHHHHHH, make him pay, Jayna!! Fuck the fiance thing, him being your childhood friend is what really hits when he left you for a manipulative stranger

Supporter
@Ceereus

While you got a point, fact is chap 0/1 shows her believing all was peachy, and not thinking ANYTHING that was happening in her life as being unfortunate, but then upon the time leap back post revelation does she then reflect upon life as being terrible. Lacking in ambition and not knowing someone was behind everything doesn't excuse not knowing life was in fact terrible. Specifically until she was jailed did she not believe life was bad, at all.

Like heck, the most recent event is that her original fiance got stolen away from her because the new girl came over and nobody believed her story. Keywords being 'nobody believed her story'. Yet even though 'nobody believed her story' she still thought of life being peachy in that life.
It's certainly a hole in writing, but not anything significant because that past has nothing to do with current story as it's an entirely different life. Anything she remembers back into the past has no influence on present.

man for a second i thought that he could be "redeemable" if he didn't fall in love with angela, well now he can be kicked to the curb with no feelings attached

my lady fuck that man you are a bisexy legend get literally anyone else. YOU DONT HAVE TO SUFFER AGAIN *SOBBING* THIS IS SO SICKENING YOU CANT JUST TELL ME THEY WERE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS LIKE DAT AND TRICK ME INTO THINIKING HE WONT FALL IN LOVE WITH THAT BITCH AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TT this is so vile..... *patiently waiting for more*
thank you so much for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread