Angel or Villainess

@skeletor51 My guy we have exactly opposite problems, but frankly you have absolutely no room to complain. Authors LOVE to throw a female character onto the cover front and center to bring people in, but then you start reading the summary and it's actually about some random twat instead. It borders on false advertising, honestly.

With this one I think you're barking a bit, though. It's called "Angelic Lady" and the FL is on the cover. Going into that expecting a ML is a bit cracked. I wouldn't click on a story called "The Dashing Lord" with a dude on the cover expecting a FL, so I have no idea where you're coming from.

Dex-chan lover
@skeletor51 bruh having a preference for a protagonist to have a particular gender is kinda.... weird.... not gonna lie... Anyways most shoujo manga will have a female protag so ya

I don't know what is it, but the artwork makes me want to punch all of the characters...all of them.
...it instigates ire and hatred in me...😅

@Mystearical
Are you seriously trying to deny the fact that I felt irritated about it and then say I have no room to complain about it? You're being unreasonable. There are so many examples of how titles and covers don't identify the protagonist. https://mangadex.org/title/43464/sakurai-san-wants-to-be-noticed is an example I see right on my feed. Spoilers, but she isn't the protagonist. You can't immediately assume what something is focusing on without looking through it first. I could list so many more, but I think you get the idea.

Imagine clicking on a manga called "Angelic Lady" with a pretty girl on the cover and expecting a male main character. 😵

Okay but can i say one thing, even if i didnt see the past life and saw her (angela) out and about and she tried to be my friend i would say no, cuz theres always something wrong with perfect girls like that. Almost all of them are fake, and even if they arent they always have a secret that they would never share with anyone.

A huge thank-you to the scantalation team for their super fast updates. A chapter every day?? You guys are awesome. Thank-you so much!

@banjomarx ... Having subjective preferences is weird? What even. Bruh having a preference for Sci-Fi over Fantasy is weird. Bruh having a preference for alt-history over isekai is weird. Bruh having a preference for apples over oranges is weird.

Gender can make a significant difference in storytelling. And even if it didn't, who the hell are you to tell anyone their reading preferences are weird? Maybe he's a guy and just wants to be able to more easily understand the lead's perspective? Liking some things more than other things is totally normal, and it's subjective so it can never be wrong.

@skeletor51 I didn't say you can't be irritated, just pointing out that by comparison finding male protagonists is WAAAAY easier than finding female ones. Also your example proves my point as much as yours? Female on cover, ambiguous title, MC is instead some other twat. This formula is repeated 9001 times, it's the majority of what I see. Very annoying. I call it the "some twat" subgenre. Girl front-and-center on cover? Title ambiguous or even outright referring to a female character? Surprise, it's actually about some other twat! You got jebaited for the Nth time!

https://mangadex.org/title/46837/choroi-desu-yo-onigoroshi-san Cover is picture of a girl and nothing else. Summary: lead is instead some guy.

https://mangadex.org/title/40969/yofukashi-no-uta Cover is picture of a girl and nothing else. Summary: lead is instead some guy.

https://mangadex.org/title/58203/immortal-dying-girl Cover is picture of a girl and nothing else. Summary: lead is instead some guy. This one is especially egregious, given the title.

The reverse, however, is almost never true. The lead is pretty much NEVER female if the cover has a guy front-and-center, in my experience. Almost like they made him the cover because he's the lead? If only everyone did that!

So while I can totally understand why you might click on this story thinking it might have a ML, given how depressingly common that is for some godforsaken reason, I can't get you being actually surprised that it doesn't. A story called Angelic Lady with a female on the cover SHOULD be a story about that female; it adheres to the expected outcome. It's every other bloody series that's deviating from the norm.

Dex-chan lover
@Mystearical you are incorrect sir, liking things because they play a major impact on the story is one thing, like genre elements for example, but when someone acts like the gender of the MC is a MAJOR reason to read or not read a story that is weird. It shows closemindedness and/or child like "cooties" thinking. Every story is different and should be enjoyed for what it is, not pushed away for what it is not (unless the story is trash of course, then cleanse it with radioactive hellfire)

@banjomarx You're sitting here saying that someone's reasons for liking one thing over another aren't valid, but I'm somehow the one who is closeminded? Check yourself. Your seeming inability to understand a basic concept is not the fault of those who can.

I primarily like reading stories from the perspective of a female lead. How you feel about that is the absolute furthest point from anything I care about. ANY reason to like one thing over another is valid and it will never be your place to determine otherwise. Subjective preference cannot be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Nice story. Love the scheming, though a bit more shallow than I'd like.
Pretty interesting. I guess I'll keep reading.

@Mystearical
Ah yes, finally someone who understands.

@Vikhtoriyan this is so nerve wrecking what is Angela up to not going with the fl? So curious but this chapter left me some satisfaction thanks so much for your hard work team!

Dex-chan lover
@Mystearical

So you are arguing that I don't have the right to tell people what to do/what opinion to have but you have the right to tell me the same thing? Excuse me sir but I believe that you are incorrect. I have every right to tell people they are weird, in fact I have the right to say whatever I please as long as it is within the constraints of the law

@skeletor51 That Sakurai manga
obviously has a male mc because of how the girl on the cover is posed. I'm surprised it doesn't have an ecchi tag

Users who are viewing this thread