Ano Toki Tasukete Itadaita Monster Musume desu. - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
...This is perhaps one of the worst characters to imply is going to be a recurring member of the cast (the annoying ikemen dude with the crush). He doesn't have any redeeming characteristics that would make him less annoying (like Kuno from Ranma 1/2, who at least was innocently earnest to the point of being silly comic relief).

I really want to like this manga and hope it does well, but these chapters really suffer from poor pacing and editor guidance. Too much time is spent on short little scenes that could have been resolved in less than a chapter. This "prove the monster girls are b0rken STRONK" could have been wrapped up last chapter if it were more concise and focused.

We still barely have touched on the actual plotline with an isekai'd Sensei and the girls' roles in this society that this manga is supposed to be about and we're at chapter 8.

Call me cynical but it seems they're leaning too heavily onto relying on good art and cute girls, but not on deeper characterization or moving the story along. I hope I'm wrong and this turns around in upcoming chapters.
I wouldn't say cynical, more spot-on than anything~ mangas likes these will often rely on the fanservice to keep people invested for potential beach/onsen chapters (its gonna happen) and having such a frustrating and neurotic MC-kun has readers hoping he'll change. It's nice that one of the MC-chans was like "I don't like that part about you" but not much may come from it.
When you get to a point of reading manga and you can sorta predict the way the narrative will go, I don't blame ya for feeling the way you do when you read this.

All that being said tho, I am always grateful for the groups that translate these manga because I'm presented with an opportunity to read them and judge 'em for myself. Thank you translators!!

Dex-chan lover
Mmmm the classic harem mc thing to do where when they see people fighting they immediately think they are lovers or best friends.
More like I think a Japanese thing. It might have something to do with opposites attract or something. Because it's not strictly a harem thing.

Dex-chan lover
Oh nooooo I do NOT like him. This is way too early for an annoying character like him to appear AND stay. We still don't know enough about any of the main characters to keep us invested, and big boobs ain't enough to make up for that.

We have one annoyances each for the teacher and the girls, and that's a bit much tbh.

I hope the author keeps his appearance to a minimum, or remove him entirely. A better writer would've avoided adding him in the first place...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
At least MC wasn't a typical dense harem protag who didn't realize that the girls likes him.
It's just that he had very low self-esteem.
And it sounds like they had few dates already.

The main plot most likely about MC getting more confident and eventually asserting dominance, in and out of bed. :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say cynical, more spot-on than anything~ mangas likes these will often rely on the fanservice to keep people invested for potential beach/onsen chapters (its gonna happen) and having such a frustrating and neurotic MC-kun has readers hoping he'll change. It's nice that one of the MC-chans was like "I don't like that part about you" but not much may come from it.
When you get to a point of reading manga and you can sorta predict the way the narrative will go, I don't blame ya for feeling the way you do when you read this.

All that being said tho, I am always grateful for the groups that translate these manga because I'm presented with an opportunity to read them and judge 'em for myself. Thank you translators!!
Unfortunately or fortunately depending, people want to masturbate. They don’t want to see characters form or break bonds, they want to be the characters and fight or love. I wouldn’t be shocked if people love Kazuma and hate Kazuya because of how they want to play rather than how they view both stories.

Users who are viewing this thread