Anyone remember Mangadex in early 2021?

Dex-chan lover
Anyone remember the state of the website at that point? Solo Levelling would basically DDOS the site, we had a 503 error every other day basically, and the website was perpetually slow. Still liked parts of that design better than whatever exists today, because in my experience it was less laggy on mobile once the site loaded in.

Dex-chan lover

8XxlDqm.jpg

Yes I do

Dex-chan lover
Group Leader
Yes. I miss the old layout, the old forum members who are still MIA, and I think the forum was livelier back then as well. Maybe that was just because people were staying home due to covid.
I don't miss the random crashes, the infamous Wednesday crash caused by SL, the politics thread, and some people weren't exactly pleasant to interact with.

Group Leader
i cant exactly say i wont forget about those days, but we need to change no matter what will happen move on is always the answer. but if you asked if i remember them, YES I AM. those days were amazing, more interactive and more derailment. Mod back then always having an iron fist when moderating the forum, now it seems pretty chill. But lets see whats going to happen on some popular mango thread; it seems that Oshi no Ko caught in 4k, Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu still in their gayness, Boys Abyss and their edge pizza cutter, Attack on Titan oh this manga exist?, and a shit ton mangoes about Yandere girl and bully manga that existed. especially Reincarnated isekai i got killed so i revenge.

i also love the Halo guy, but hey lastly for the classic on every thread.
rickroll-roll.gif

Power Uploader
Yeah I remember. I actually like this design better than the old one, especially for the forums. I don't miss too many things from V3, only the lively comment sections. It's no fun when there are no trash takes or hot takes you can quote and argue about for hours. I miss seeing the "[Warning] Your comment has been marked as moderated" in my notifications. Good times.

Group Leader
SL cockroach fans giving a 503 error were basically such a common vibe that some people propagated for SL upload lock on MD because it was super unfair to other series. Why did majority of old users (including me) have to tolerate hyped up SL? Honestly, it only made me upset that I had to wait and read my favourite series later because the server was unavailable. I'd understand in some point if the series was outstanding but it only had good art style at the time. Now there are decades of clones with similar plot.

It's just as @Robinisback said about comment section... It feels kind of void now and people mostly comment in popular series, although I understand that MD was unavailable for a long time and lots of people moved to other platforms. Decentralization happened :dogkek:

Group Leader
SL cockroach fans giving a 503 error were basically such a common vibe that some people propagated for SL upload lock on MD because it was super unfair to other series. Why did majority of old users (including me) have to tolerate hyped up SL? Honestly, it only made me upset that I had to wait and read my favourite series later because the server was unavailable. I'd understand in some point if the series was outstanding but it only had good art style at the time. Now there are decades of clones with similar plot.

It's just as @Robinisback said about comment section... It feels kind of void now and people mostly comment in popular series, although I understand that MD was unavailable for a long time and lots of people moved to other platforms. Decentralization happened :dogkek:
Nah SL until now is god tier and even some of their clones are great as well. Just because it wasn't your genre you dont have to shit on a great masterpiece, at least you didn't shit on its great art that the artist gave up his life to create.

Users who are viewing this thread