April Fools Chapter 17 (Survive as the Hero's Wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fool me one, shame on me. (Haha April Fools lol)

Fool me twice, shame on you. (What the hell, man, why you trick me again?)

Fool me three times

Fool me three times, shame my IQ ( you should be smarter, Jesus may be with you pal 😂 )

Dex-chan lover
We are in a horrid state as a people when we can't wait a single day and get butthurt over some lighthearted shenanigans.

Who cares, move on with your lives.

I really appreciate the effort behind the translations for this series, but yeah, three April Fool's chapters went a tad too far. Still going to read their other series, but that it ticked me off a little and others has the right to feel so as well after that particular stunt.

EDIT: lagging internet connection doubled posted accidentally, disregard this

Imma be honest here, I really dont want drama on mangadex right now and especially with LLS. But;
1. People were a bit too sensitive about the April fools, like I dont mind it. I mean it's like "hAha I got pranked". Like it's not a big deal, it doesn't affect our lives*

Group Leader
Personally wasn't the biggest fan of the April Fool's joke for this series. The first chapter, I was like "oh haha it's april fools, I should have known" and then I went into the "real" chapter with very low expectations and was like "well, this is what I expected, I suppose, but this is a bit much" AND THEN there was a third one and by that point I was completely unamused.
That being said, I appreciate people taking their time to translate and scan these comics, so if you want to have a little fun, eh, whatever.
But I can also understand the feelings of whoever put up this chapter, since this year's prank was a little........too much?

Fed-Kun's army
@privkz

They don’t owe us anything and I don’t owe it to them not to call them out. Honestly, if they wanted to put a week delay on the chapters for any reason, even no reason at all, that is completely their right. That isn’t the issue here. The issue is simply this:

Instead of “due to the actions of certain people stealing our raws we will be initially hosting chapters on our private servers and uploading them a week later on mangadex”

We got “neener neener you cant read this now~ ^^ we would have uploaded a chapter a day but too bad since you’ve made us sad now we’re gonna punish everyone ^^”

The problem is 1000% the attitude of the individual currently representing LLS.

G

Jesus you guys, I'll apologize and take the chapter down. I never intended for the upload to explode like this, I just figured people were interested in the story. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this, and if this was in direct response to my actions, I'll do my best to fix it or help in keeping it up, one way or another.

@Ingra I know your response wasn't to me directly, but you're right, I've been on this website for just under half a year. You can clearly see in my previous responses in this chapter that I didn't know there was even such a thing as having dibs. I simply saw the prank, didn't like it, read the raws, and then thought "hey, wouldn't it be nice if everyone could understand the gist of the chapter they saw on April Fools?" and I spent my weekend trying to do exactly that. As you can see by my paint job, it was clearly not meant to eclipse LLS's work with my impeccable quality.

I didn't know the raw chapter wasn't an upload from LLS, so again, I apologize for the misunderstanding, but I guess that's plastered all over the first page now and that's on me. I still think both sides are not completely right in this, and that's why there's a huge divide in the comments. I'm sorry, for what it's worth. Can we come to some sort of concrete solution on this, because I know everyone doesn't want to spend more time than we already have on this.

Sure, the scanlation group may be acting petty and vindictive (which I honestly live for because I like being a petty b*tch), but reading the comments I can understand. Like what a bunch of entitled ungrateful asses people are being here. I'm not even a member of the scan group but reading these make me angry about just how entitled some people think they are.

Yeah I think what got people riled up wasn't the first one, first one was "haha shoulda known better", it's that it shifted from funny to irritating the more it happened *on the same chapter*. I mean it's their prerogative to do so, of course--but it's also understandable people became cranky by the end.

@kepki is above all of us in composure and resolve to solve an issue instead of making it more dramatic.

@kepki
I'm sorry for your weekend, really am.
i know translating is hard pal, belive me.
And now, i know your intentions were not bad, thank you for explaining why you posted the chapter. =)

Group Leader
0wo just reading this is a major oof. I'm not gonna side with anyone (sorry Vio, Mae & xero).
But I think everyone is basically misunderstanding each other. You guys dont even know the full situation on lls side, but you still blame them, I mean it's just a joke guys come on and the third one wasnt even LLS.
Secondly bashing Kepki isn't nice either, all they wanted was just to provide translations for the readers who were angry.
Thirdly the readers who were angry, there was no need to degrade LLS for it, theres also more groups who did the same thing.
As for my fellow comrades, you guys can shit talk but dont do it too HarsHLY oK. Drama ain't thE waY.
PEacE ouT imma sleep

@T-L-G-T-W
agreed in that one.
I guess talking with a staff from LLS should help?
i'm only a reader after all...
So @kepki, inbox to LLS should help you to try and resolve this. =)

Dex-chan lover
@kepki

You have nothing to apologize for. Please don't listen to children throwing a temper tantrum over an internet pissing contest. Apologizing to them validates them, and is an admission of wrongdoing; it will always be used against you. Never apologize if you've done nothing wrong.

Thank you, and I hope if you were interested in trans work to begin with you don't let this hinder that. If not, I wish you all the best.

@kepki I actually don't think this argument is because you uploaded this chapter anymore and I'm sorry that you're in the middle of this like I said in my first comment I appreciate the time you took to translate it even though you shouldn't have used someone else's raws. The thing is people feel entitled to be rude just because they wasted no more than 5 minutes of their day on the fake chapters. I mean everyone has the right to not enjoy the prank and feel unhappy about it but the complaints have gone too far.

Still thank you for your time I'm pretty sure you could've used for yourself but wanted to be nice.

I feel like readers have blown this out of proportion.
Yes the pulling a April fool prank twice on the same series which baited readers in to think the 2nd prank was the real chapter was kinda scummy.
But at the end of the day how did this affect you? I really don't think people should start getting up into arms over a innocent prank that virtually had no affect on your life.

But what I think its even scummier for @Viopera to hold chapters hostage due to criticism over how they had handled the April fools pranks. Yes you have given us the readers high quality scans that you bought your own, but the fact that you immediately did a chapter delay because people started criticizing your jokes seems like a really scum move. I'm fine with waiting for the chapters coming out delayed but the reasoning behind why there is now a chapter delay is a douche move.

At the end of the April fools joke the pranked person should be laughing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread