Arafoo Shachiku no Golem Master

@Velsy

Except that karuoshi as it's called is pretty much a real thing in Japan, that's been studied and discussed for decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi

The Japanese even have a dedicated Hotline for it. Being borne out of socioeconomic factors though, it's not an easy thing to fix, and its continued prevalence is why authors don't think twice about using it in their stories.

One day, the oversaturated rate of production of isekai will drop, but until then, the self-fulfilling protagonists of the isekai worlds we read will continue to rule our minds and our bodies, we sit in a chair, a bed, the ground, just to waste our time reading the same things over and over again, I feel myself going insane, and yet the isekai-feeling still pulls me in every new release. It's an addiction, that's what it is, and the solution is to get another's help, anyone's help, a friend, a partner, a loved one.

At least this guy isn't human, without going the reincarnated as a monster route. Just by being an elf people will take him more seriously as a mage than some normal rando human guy. Add that with the normal elf exclusionist lore he has a believable reason to not be up to date on "human" affairs.

So far all other the elf reincarnations I've come across have all been the lol gender swap types.

I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Double-page supporter
i don't think a black company slave like him would ever have time for LN.

Group Leader
Regardless of anything else, the art... is a bit terrible though. :v

The art in the beginning is kind of bad (some consider terrible) but the manga is quite nice if you get used to it . Don't hesitate to give it a try at least until the second ch. to see if it's to your liking
I'd recommend this

Group Leader
@hugswingpolarisliverabovebowtie Let's be fair. They don't want to die, they just want to go to another world where they are powerful. Dying is merely a convenient plot device. And it isn't just Japan -- it is no coincidence that such stories are currently the most popular ones here on Mangadex. Certainly foreign readers also share the same sentiment.

Dex-chan lover
The art looks like something done by someone just figuring out how to draw, it's super basic, almost like the kind you see in yaoi or yuri manga where it looks like they're copying faces and bodies from a template and then just kinda fudge the rest. The story is also nothing special, it's isekai though so it's going to be popular to some extent regardless.

orp

@sedition
In chapter two, at the city gates it's painfully obvious that the manga artist didn't bother to figure out what a crowd of a hundred is supposed to look like.

Cae

the facial proportions are so out of whack it makes yaoi hands look photo-realistic

Dex-chan lover
RnVY8WY.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread