Ariadne in the Blue Sky

Just caught up with all the chapters that are out now. It's actually a lot better than I expected it to be. I'm glad the author brought back the humor with this series, after how bleak claymore was.

Double-page supporter
Any word on how this is turning out? I liked the author's other works, but dropped this one early on because it seemed a lot more juvenile and stereotypical shonen. Interested in what people who've read it all think

So far, I'd say that this story is slightly above average, but I think it has potential to be pretty great. If you're coming from Yagi Norihiro's other works, don't expect Claymore. This is all the way Shonen. The tone of this one is probably closer to Angel Densetsu. Bloodless fights where nobody really dies with humor all between. With a strong, dumb, and virtuous protagonist with pretty goofy side characters. It's much more of an adventure manga. Norihiro seems to have spent a lot more time building up a world and overarching story structure in this than in this other works and plants seeds for future interesting stories. Lots of open mysteries, different races, and conflicting interest groups. And if those future stories have even a fraction of the heart that Angel Densetsu does the setup would be worth it.

Plus, pretty great humor. Something about the deadpan feel of the character's expressions and their general goofiness really gets me.

Very enjoyable to read. Story is interesting, can't say it's very deep, but it's worth a read. I personally really love it, it's style is totally up my alley. I give it a 9/10, total banger. If you like serious stuff like claymore, then this is very different. Still very good! Cya~!

The demographic is shounen. Expect some good ol' shounen. Even shouting out the names of their moves before they do it. Have a good reading!

Am I the only one who feel something is missing in this one ? The entire manga feel forced to me, the previous work from this author was fluid (Angel Densetsu/Claymore), this one is a bit.. Clunkier ?

This is still better than most shounen out there, but it's kinda a miss. 🤔 7/10

This is a series that gives a mixed impression.
Up to 50 chapters I'm finally convinced that this manga do not meet my taste. This is okay, but not as exciting as I want to see what happens next. I don't think my impression will change much until the end. Says had said what I wanted to say, half of it.

Unfortunately, I don't feel any strong chemistry between the characters. Even I have to admit Naruto is better than this. Lululola also became a rather strange companion and many fanservices too forced.
The author's decreased drawing style gives a quality that doesn't support either, I like how Claymore approaches Berserk and it's very dark and tragic. But since we're talking about Ariadne, this shounen's work is really targeted for young teens so I think it's a good fit. It also seems that the author has to learn more to develop fighting techniques. I find it funny and hard to imagine, and it's not cool at all. Everything looks the same.

7/10

EDIT : I have something to add. Compared to using internal power, natural weapons are better. I want to see Norihiro Yagi use his ability to develop stories with a monster concept. Just like in Claymore, I was struck by the majesty of the character. It's incredible to see the energy released from each revolution, making clear the limits of who is the strongest. It will be interesting if he follows in the footsteps of Attack on Titan.

It's like the author put angel densetsu and claymore into and blender and hit blend. Still, I really enjoy the characters and the adventure they're going on. Feels like a classic JRPG

I also really like how the manga is starting to mature as the chapters pile up.

Group Leader
@Chetan72

It has slight bits and pieces of developing romance between the two mains, but the role of knight and princess is emphasized more up to this point. Other than a couple side characters being
basically engaged
, there's nothing concrete in the romance department yet.

Important question here(for me at least) is there rape? If there is I'm going to be so sad.

While trying to figure out the differences between the titles of the series & the oneshot, TIL that Ariadne (Ariádni) was a half-sibling of Minotaur (Minótavros).

Users who are viewing this thread