Ariadne in the Blue Sky

Only a few chapters in yet, but so far considering Angel Densetsu followed by Claymore, that this author is getting worse over the years. Well he started with something truely great so it's still fine.

I love this manga artist's work, but this manga just isn't hitting it for me. It still prompted me to go back and buy all of Claymore though.

Shounen Action Adventure done right (so far). I like it and recommend it a lot 😀

Holy shit this actually good.

The main character developed a really cool ability, in one of the training arcs.

The spotter puts his face right next to the compensator vents like an absolute madman.

i was wondering why the cover art reminded me of claymore, then realized it's the same author.....😅
i liked both angel densetsu, and claymore.....i hope this is also decent enough to pass times....

Everybody out here really sleeping on this manga. It's no masterpiece, but it's enjoyable and worth the time if you like shounen. I would go so far as to say it's better than some shounen manga being serialized at the moment. Good action, decent comedy, and that twist was pretty crazy! If you came here expecting another Claymore, though, then this manga isn't for you. The tone and story is completely different.

I think the issue I had when the series started was they made world view too big. We didn't have the cast or plot to fill that narrative space and the pacing felt super irregular (to me). Now it feels much better. We have a full cast, pacing is a bit more even with the action and downtime. I'm definitely looking forward to its development from now on.

Dex-chan lover
I quite liked Angel Densetsu and Claymore, so I decided to give this manga a try. There's some good humor, but the pacing is all over the place, the action plays out as a mess of random attacks with no real sense of danger, and I can't bring myself to care for any of the characters. What the writing lacks in heart, it makes up for with fanservice, which isn't a good trade-off imo. Team Ass readers beware, "fanservice" in this manga mostly amounts to boobs and scantily dressed lolis

Edit: Hi comment above me! My critique of the fanservice was in reference to the author's other titles. The
Siu tribe
alone is a leap from anything we saw in Claymore. But I can see where you're coming from if your standards are based on titles like SAO or Fairy Tail.

Not sure what the guy below me is talking about. There is much less fanservice in this compared to other shonen titles, and it's almost never focused on. The characters are my favorite part about this manga. They're just the right balance of goofy and serious

Dex-chan lover
Too many fighting scenes as of late. Wouldn't be a problem if they were good, but they aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread