Arrogant Slave - Ch. 15 - Getaway

Dex-chan lover
This actually is not that surprising for a medieval like society.

They tended to take in enemy soldiers as battle slaves, so it's likely that she used to be some sort of knight from an enemy country that was conquered.

So if so, here is my prediction of the next fucked up Hamita twist.

She used to be part of the country the protag is currently fighting against, and this was all just a long drawn out revenge.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't see that coming.

So instead of revolution we got Anarchy ending, eh?

Dex-chan lover
proxy-custom.jpg

Dex-chan lover
So she didn't kill the daughter? Doesn't really make sense for her to let her after those threats tbh.

Dex-chan lover
...and what kind of slave you were before, or what you were before being a slave, exactly?:korone:
Some kind of slave warrior and her previous owner lost the battle/war? Commoner really should've asked more about herself to see what kind of stuff she would be good to work.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. Well, I guess gladiators were also slaves.

I'll allow it.
MOST gladiators were slaves and criminals, but not all.

1. They weren’t always enslaved.

Not all gladiators were brought to the arena in chains. While most early combatants were enslaved peoples and people who had committed crimes, grave inscriptions show that by the 1st century A.D., the demographics had started to change.

Lured by the thrill of battle and the roar of the crowds, scores of free men began voluntarily signing contracts with gladiator schools in the hope of winning glory and prize money. These freelance warriors were often desperate men or ex-soldiers skilled in fighting, but some were upper-class patricians, knights and even senators eager to demonstrate their warrior pedigree.

Dex-chan lover
princess of the amazons mby?
Maybe? I mean, if she were another race or ethnicity people would have reacted to it...
Also, the Chapter Master was looking for you, brother chaplain. Something about "missing the morning prayers"...

Some kind of slave warrior and her previous owner lost the battle/war? Commoner really should've asked more about herself to see what kind of stuff she would be good to work.
I was thinking along those lines, like a slave soldier or gladiator, but the formers aren't usually that good at fighting and the latter aren't sold as long as they're profitable (and with that skill, she certainly would). Maybe a made-a-slave former warrior?

Dex-chan lover
I'm really glad that they are still alive. It may be a bit cringe, but I kinda wanted the commoner to save her rather than vice versa, but oh well, as long as they live.

A note about the translation: I think it's implied that they accused him of conspiring to use his slave to attack the young lady as part of some kind of plot, maybe even to kill her. Just my interpretation.

Dex-chan lover
Ig she just doesnt care about other stuff aside from providing for her master

Users who are viewing this thread