Ashita, Watashi wa Dareka no Kanojo - Vol. 12 Ch. 145 - What a Wonderful World 5

Dex-chan lover
I really felt when she overslept and basically said "ah fuck it. I'm not going." That feeling right there is REAL for how simple it essentially is.

Thank you for the translation (I'd join said cult if it meant we could indulge in JRPGs and delicious food. Oddly specific but these two criteria are non-negotiable).

She is convinced that she is physiologically incapable of doing the cleaning job, and from what we observed she is probably right. Its not necessarily her fault either. Hostess could probably suit her well, depends on her people skill. Its a vulnerable job, but seems respectable in japan's society so from an outside observer it does seems to be her best option rn.

Dex-chan lover
my guess for how this will go: she will bring soapland into work or do soapland for the cult.

Double-page supporter
Many Thanks for the new chapter.

Yeah, I was right in the previous chapter discussion that Emi was going to have a bad time this chapter for her corporate custodial job. I was also, partly in this case, correct that this job was the one she got after the interview from 143 fell through, though getting this job after 7 other previous interviews (for total of 8) not working out is brutal.
Seeing Emi briefly feel the weight of her poor life choices while sitting in bed was very harsh; she very much was living only in the present as a teen without any consideration to what she would do with her life once the V-Kei fad had passed by & ended.
Yeah, Emi's "life coach" Leta is definitely running a hard hustle of a scam: ~$150 for an hour? Depending on how long Emi has been seeing Leta, she definitely wasted thousands to tens-of-thousands of dollars on "advice" that's hardly worth anything.

Users who are viewing this thread