Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 10 Ch. 77 - Sex (Conclusion)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation (what a good chapter. I hope to see more regular updates).

Dex-chan lover
He considers abortion killing a baby, and refused to have sex unless she would carry to term.
Old-fashioned.

Edit: ah, I see we have a republican here.
I rated you "Dumb" because you don't know why Yokoi isn't having sex with her, and you're imposing American sociopolitical sensibilities where they're multilaterally irrelevant.

Yokoi isn't insisting that they only have sex to get pregnant, or even that she carries to term-- Yokoi doesn't even currently want to have children. He said so in this chapter. Meanwhile, Saitou has given him the go-ahead for sex since chapter 15.

Also in chapter 15, Saitou expressed a level of self-hatred and fear so severe that she'd rather Yokoi kick her in the stomach until she miscarries before she risks giving birth to a child that could be anything like her-- and before you bring it up, she doesn't trust in the efficacy of contraceptives. That means Yokoi has to commit to letting her get an abortion (or commit to violently forcing a miscarriage) because of said self-hatred, should they have sex.

He's withholding from having sex with Saitou because her unwillingness to have children is directly and solely tied to her suicidally low self-worth, and he wants her to get to the point where she's happy enough to have been born that she feels like she can give whatever children she has a happy life (ch. 15, p.14). That doesn't mean she has to have children, but it does mean she has to not not want to have children on account of hating her life.

The point of this chapter, then, is that Saitou is obliquely stating that-- at minimum-- she doesn't hate herself to suicidal levels anymore (though that was initially established in chapter 70), and that she's ever-so-slightly more willing to be optimistic that the children that come from her womb could have a life worth living, even if they weren't "normal" (that's why her hypothetical child is specifically a small Yokoi, who isn't that "normal"). That also means she's getting closer to becoming happy that she herself was born.

Yes, I thought this chapter was sweet in its own way.
Even though it's only a handjob and it's completely obscured (there isn't even a view of the hand in action), there's a peculiar intimacy in the sequence. Saitou invokes particular knowledge of Yokoi (e.g. his smell fetish) during her verification of his satisfaction, and she ends up on top of him by the end of it. More striking, though, is that not only is Yokoi vulnerable in this sequence (being uncomfortable despite his willingness), we find that his not ever asking Saitou for sex was always partly him attempting to maintain an "advantage" (I suppose, superior position) in their relationship, meaning that this is simultaneously that sense of "advantage" crumbling and them presumably becoming a little more equal in their relationship. This also happens in the context of Saitou making a serious and conscious effort to reciprocate in her relationship (she started working on getting a proper job for the sake of her and Yokoi living together not long ago).

There's also a subtle perversity, in that Saitou's "legality" is dubious as far as Yokoi knows (I think that lack of knowledge also points to Yokoi's disconnection from society and/or his lack of sexual experience).

A sex scene that isn't prurient (hardly a little!), fleshes out and advances both of the characters, and involves the characters in their entireties rather than as objects in a sexual emulation. It's strange how meticulous and well done something like this is.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You know, NOT killing your kid should be on top of the WELL, F**KING DUH list of things not to do.

Thrembs, if taking full responsibility over the action of bringing a f**king human into the world is "republican", you are lost.

I could engage in an argument with you but honestly, me punching sand would be far more productive. Not really a "clap back", but more of an arthritic hand wave. Sad.
Pearls before swine.

Le sigh.....

"It was an off-hand remark, originally, because IT’S NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO THE STORY. I didn’t give a huge shit in this case. People freaking out over it is THEIR problem."

Spams over 10 comments on subject alone
"THEIR PROBLEM". Sure. LMAO
Go back to twitter where you live, you drooling craven caliban

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You know, NOT killing your kid should be on top of the WELL, F**KING DUH list of things not to do.

Thrembs, if taking full responsibility over the action of bringing a f**king human into the world is "republican", you are lost.
tl;dr
Ok, Karen.

A fetus is basically a worm for as long as it was legal to abort a pregnancy throughout the USA until they fucked it up.

Wanna get super old-fashioned? The bible (yeah, I’ve read it. Multiple translations, and I know enough Biblical Hebrew to be able to double-check them), a book THOUSANDS of years old says that in the even of an accident that causes a miscarriage (no dates are given), no one has died.
If you’re not appealing to some sort of

If you’re gonna @ someone, have the guts to @ them.

Not wanting a child is no reason to not have sex.
There are many forms of contraception before even considering what to do once there’s a pregnancy.

This manga is silly about it. Could have approached the subject from a diff angle.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure whether the author is actually this ignorant or just continuing to characterize the ML as completely clueless about topics not directly related to his daily living, but is it at all possible for someone in or outside Japan to really think the AOC there is twenty? When even the legal age for marriage is 18 (and only just got raised that high for females}?

It’s the socially-acceptable age, in Japan. I think it’s a bit high, but that’s just me.

People OUTSIDE Japan really really care about the age of consent in Japan. Weebs out there got angry when they raised the national minimum.

Dex-chan lover
A fetus is basically a worm for as long as it was legal to abort a pregnancy throughout the USA until they fucked it up.
I don't want to spend more time on this detour than strictly necessary.

Firstly, the Roe verdict was explicitly formulated with the intention of balancing the priority of "government interest in prenatal life" with the priority of "bodily autonomy". Not even the Roe verdict considered fetuses as ontologically "worms"-- the complexity of the verdict is more akin to legislation than a judicial decision primarily because of this.

Secondly, the Roe verdict did not allow for unrestricted abortion, but rather restricted the possible restrictions that could be made in abortion legislation. Originally, this meant that restrictions were allowed for second and especially third trimester abortions, but with Planned Parenthood v. Casey, this time measurement was discarded in favor of a vaguer "point of viability" standard. This is why abortion legislation still existed post-Roe, and why legislation was challenged for making cutoffs that were "too early".

Thirdly, this is Japan, not America.

Wanna get super old-fashioned? The bible (yeah, I’ve read it. Multiple translations, and I know enough Biblical Hebrew to be able to double-check them), a book THOUSANDS of years old says that in the even of an accident that causes a miscarriage (no dates are given), no one has died.
The Bible is not merely a collection of documents, but a collection of documents that was formulated, is used, and is fundamentally owned by specific communities of faith. Regardless of who you consider to be the true progenitor of the Scriptures (Christians or Jews, who compete for the claim of the true faith), they both condemn abortion absent the circumstance of maternal danger, and they do so according to their Scriptures.

In the Scriptures themselves, the death penalty was prescribed if one-- when in conflict with another-- caused serious injury to a woman that thereafter miscarried (Exodus 21:22-25).

There are many forms of contraception before even considering what to do once there’s a pregnancy.
Seriously, read the manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ok, Karen.
Your vocabulary isn’t as good as you seem to think, because your superfluous use of multisyllabic verbiage does little to project superior intellectual capabilities in the face of the misuse thereof.
What you've written is nonsense.

You're better off actually reading the manga and discussing what's in it, instead of pointlessly interjecting with your stupid and irrelevant American culture war crap.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Referring to hands as a tools of achievement specifically in the chapter about handjob is funny, but seems to be intentional. It shows that she's started to be able to act out on her desires/carry other's burdens while overcoming the anticipation for the negative part of the experience. All of this voluntarily and while enjoying herself.

Fed-Kun's army
Also, above discussion - abortion with the consent of the carrier is always morally neutral but this chapter is about Saitou-san ability to see a better future and shift towards her recognizing that she is not evil and won't be evil by birthing a child like her.
They both recognize that they'd be shitty parents. But Yokoi suggests that maybe they will come to a point when they won't be. And it's not that they will HAVE TO have kids when that time comes but that "the future them" won't need to be shackled by a promises that rely on the idea that they will never get better.

Dex-chan lover
Also, above discussion - abortion with the consent of the carrier is always morally neutral but this chapter is about Saitou-san ability to see a better future and shift towards her recognizing that she is not evil and won't be evil by birthing a child like her.
They both recognize that they'd be shitty parents. But Yokoi suggests that maybe they will come to a point when they won't be. And it's not that they will HAVE TO have kids when that time comes but that "the future them" won't need to be shackled by a promises that rely on the idea that they will never get better.
Perhaps it’s the translation.
The discussion is blunt, and refers to everything as killing. The language used is what I was referring to.

I said “old-fashioned” instead of stronger language, because, well, that’s all it felt like. Not a huge deal.
People freaking out at me had be clapping back.

The content of the manga itself? 🤨 🤷‍♀️
It was really nice aside the WAY that was discussed.
It’s like neither of them has ever heard of abortion. Well, the sexual education in Japan is lacking, so I hear. It’s barely there, last I checked (which, to be fair was many many years ago)

Dex-chan lover
I don't want to spend more time on this detour than strictly necessary.
I referred to the Supreme Court decision for brevity, because it’s well known, and someone like that would probably be aware of it.
I know it didn’t refer to fetuses as “worms”. I didn’t say it did. It’s just a basic, biological fact.
The person to whom I was speaking was wigging out about “KILLING YOUR CHILD”.

Why are you listing a mass of legalese if it’s not relevant? That’s weird.

I know it’s Japan. I didn’t say it wasn’t. I was talking about abortion, and the language used about it.

What you've written is nonsense.

You're better off actually reading the manga and discussing what's in it, instead of pointlessly interjecting with your stupid and irrelevant American culture war crap.
You’re really stuck on half of one sentence, huh? Three words iirc.

If you got confused by that… I honestly pity you.
You claim to be trying to get away from that subject, but keep bringing it up.

Fed-Kun's army
Perhaps it’s the translation.
The discussion is blunt, and refers to everything as killing. The language used is what I was referring to.

I said “old-fashioned” instead of stronger language, because, well, that’s all it felt like. Not a huge deal.
People freaking out at me had be clapping back.

The content of the manga itself? 🤨 🤷‍♀️
It was really nice aside the WAY that was discussed.
It’s like neither of them has ever heard of abortion. Well, the sexual education in Japan is lacking, so I hear. It’s barely there, last I checked (which, to be fair was many many years ago)
Ah, I read it as a literal child, i.e. like the imaginary mini-Yokoi, considering that Saitou is the type of person to at least attempt to beat the shit out of dogs and people. She also has even more violent fantasies, so I took it as Yokoi using her imagination to show his point.

Dex-chan lover
He considers abortion killing a baby, and refused to have sex unless she would carry to term.
Old-fashioned.

Edit: ah, I see we have a republican here.
Thanks for clarifying what you meant.
"Republican" is funny as I'm not from the US, just like many people here. And views on abortion are not a simple partisan thing, despite what the crazy US political field might lead you to believe.

To clarify, neither Saitou or Yokoi stated that they "refused to have sex unless she would carry to term". Saitou said she didn't want to use contraception, while at the same time not wanting to be a mother. Those two being mutually exclusive is what lead to them not progressing into futher intimacy all this time (coupled with Yokoi's reservations about "taking advantage of her" as he expressed this chapter).

Abortion as it is legislated in many western countries is indeed the killing of a baby, sold as a simple and repercussion-free contraceptive procedure for women to avoid accountabilty over their sexual behaviour, and disguised as female empowerment and body autonomy.
Dismissing the opposition to it as "old fashioned" makes no sense and doesn't explain the pretended virtues of the "modern" ideas.
End of rant.

Users who are viewing this thread