Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 5 Ch. 33 - Spider's thread (Part One)

Dex-chan lover
It's a good conflict, because when someone close to you is prone to emotional distress, but they have done something unequivocally wrong, learning how to productively confront them about it is difficult as you both have to tread lightly.

You can reinforce bad behavior by instantly forgiving them, but can't be too harsh or they'll overreact because of their guilt complex. It's a catch-22.

Double-page supporter
Yokoi is doing the right thing here, but Saitou is gonna have a tough time getting through this.

He's never been curt with her before. She's never been jealous before. She will figure out that jealousy is a bad behavior, but it will come at the cost of her becoming desperate to regain Yokoi's "approval." She might bottle up her stress and try to hide an anxiety attack from Yokoi "because she doesn't want to annoy him."

This experience is gonna be one step forward and two steps back for Saitou.

On a side note, I hope the sex addict neighbor starts to play a bigger role in Saitou and Yokoi's everyday life. She was introduced as a sideshow and then tossed aside. Saitou needs another influence in her life. Only being around Yokoi is not conducive to her "rehabilitation."

Dex-chan lover
Page 2, first frame: what the hell with his hand? Is he a Deadpool, growing his new hand after it was butchered?.. 😂

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that was a change.
Her mood can change fast, we all know this, and her behavior isn't new. She already showed how possessive he can be and how violent her jealously can become.

i was in a relationship like this and it hurts reading this. in the beginning I acted a lot like yokoi and I would pay special attention to patterns and do my best to help them and be understanding, stuff like waking up in the middle of the night or staying up to comfort them, and dealing with situations of jealousy like this, but eventually the relationship was incredibly overwhelming for me and would just trigger my own mental issues and I was having too many breakdowns myself, so I just couldn't do it anymore.

reading this really makes me wonder how they'll make it right, since I couldn't. to this day that person thinks I'm selfish and cowardly for breaking it off and I wonder myself if I was just too weak.

Dex-chan lover
I had a hunch last night, man it's been so long since i read asper kanojo. I wake up and see this, how does this fuckery happened.

Double-page supporter
People are saying Yokoi's cold? If anything, the guy's still actually pretty fucking permissive of Saito's often illogical outbursts (which is a good thing, but it's kinda hard to believe anyone would be this forgiving snd understanding of someone in her position like that). In this instance? Giving her the silent situation is probably the better option than outright telling her the truth about her actions or dismissing them completely with a hug or some kind of physical comfort.

Dex-chan lover
feels like its going to end with a double suicide or a bittersweet happy ending!!!

Jealousy cannot be suppressed with logic, but also cannot be suppressed with punishment.

I understand why yokoi is angry, he's been extremely tolerant but she messed up with something that he considers pretty important. That's why I think he's ultimately wrong, even if he rationalized the situation, he's acting with anger, something that Saitou won't be able to understand, thus causing her lots of stress.

Jealousy is not healthy, but of all the problems the girl has, this is definitely one of the minor ones. I think Yokoi should apologize.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Oh I know this one, you have to spray her with water

Dex-chan lover
Ah shit I don't know if Yokoi is doing the right thing here. She's not going to learn a lesson if she doesn't know why what she did was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread