Attack on Cryto: The Final Season

Double-page supporter
I only raise the issue here since this site is currently funded via donations made via cryptocurrency, and presumably pays their hosting fees directly with it in order to maintain anonymity. I could see this being a big threat to the site itself so if you want to marshal people against it, I'd suggest the sooner the better.
On Friday, the Department of the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) announced a proposed regulation that would require money service businesses (which includes, for example, cryptocurrency exchanges) to collect identity data about people who transact with their customers using self-hosted cryptocurrency wallets or foreign exchanges. The proposed regulation would require them to keep that data and turn it over to the government in some circumstances (such as when the dollar amount of transactions in a day exceeds a certain threshold).
There is more reading to be done - https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2020/12/us-government-targeting-cryptocurrency-expand-reach-its-financial-surveillance

edit: Ah I misspelled crypto in the title...

Contributor
OYvwv48.gif

aaab9288b0305675f4edb546804e018ce6740376_hq.gif

Users who are viewing this thread