Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
And there you have it. Yes, she's afraid to be outed at work (which she's alluded to before). Now she says it outright and straightforwardly. She also got to have her first real conversation about it with Ayaka and she did let her down nicely and was honest about her desire for secrecy.

It's difficult for Ayaka to hear but Hiroko honestly assumes that Ayaka might not be happy with someone who wants to hide her sexuality like that (I think she's wrong, and Ayaka is too gungho to give up but...). I think Hiroko also sees Risa as an alternative. In this chapter, she was shocked and amazed that Risa would be so comfortable revealing her sexuality to a coworker like that and maybe she thinks Ayaka would be better off with Risa, someone younger and with less burdens?

Ayaka doesn't agree, of course. The reality is just being nice does not mean you're "owed" someone else's affections (something a lot of people could learn). Risa thinks she's in her own fight against an unrequited crush but her fight is already lost. She just is not willing to accept that yet.

Dex-chan lover
It's like finally reaching the top of a mountain and seeing the next mountain is even taller. I think even if Hiroko isn't comfortable being out at work, they can come up with a way to deal with it. Keep it a secret at work, move in together, or something. This ain't over.

Dex-chan lover
Well Hiroko, then you dont deserve her, just go back to your normal ways and sleep with random women.

Hope Ayaka ends up with Risa instead now and stop interacting with Hiroko
Hiroko has made no moves on Ayaka. She's never pushed anything, it's always been Ayaka's crush. It's Ayaka who won't give up and I doubt she'll give up now either. Hiroko likes her but has always kept her romantic distance for this exact reason. There's only been one time where she cracked and that was at the bar in a panic.

Dex-chan lover
The sad thing was that halfway through the chapter I was just wondering "what was the twist going to be that causes them to not date"? Instead of, y'know, being happy that Hiroko was finally able to piece everything together. Currently, at this point in the manga I don't think Hiroko deserves to date Ayaka, and she mentions this herself. At this point I'd rather have Risa and Ayaka date, but the end goal of this manga is to get Hiroko and Ayaka together, so I hope that at least Hiroko will get a redemption arc. Because currently she has not done anything to further her relationship with Ayaka. Hell it has gotten worse because of her, I do like Hiroko because she is a realistic character in the sense she has her worries, but I do not want her to succeed if it means that she won't do risky things for Ayaka.

Dex-chan lover
It's like finally reaching the top of a mountain and seeing the next mountain is even taller. I think even if Hiroko isn't comfortable being out at work, they can come up with a way to deal with it. Keep it a secret at work, move in together, or something. This ain't over.
Nah Hiroko does not deserve her, she just need to move on a be with Risa

Group Leader
Finally she said something right... the someone that is close to Ayaka that would value her and from my perspective is not Hiroko whether she is afraid and blah blah blah :pepehmm:

I know this story is pushing Hiroko and Ayaka until the end and most probably it would end that way but still don't think is a well built romance or whatever :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
And there you have it. Yes, she's afraid to be outed at work (which she's alluded to before). Now she says it outright and straightforwardly. She also got to have her first real conversation about it with Ayaka and she did let her down nicely and was honest about her desire for secrecy.

It's difficult for Ayaka to hear but Hiroko honestly assumes that Ayaka might not be happy with someone who wants to hide her sexuality like that (I think she's wrong, and Ayaka is too gungho to give up but...). I think Hiroko also sees Risa as an alternative. In this chapter, she was shocked and amazed that Risa would be so comfortable revealing her sexuality to a coworker like that and maybe she thinks Ayaka would be better off with Risa, someone younger and with less burdens?

Ayaka doesn't agree, of course. The reality is just being nice does not mean you're "owed" someone else's affections (something a lot of people could learn). Risa thinks she's in her own fight against an unrequited crush but her fight is already lost. She just is not willing to accept that yet.
I think you’re spot on..
But since the manga has ended and we still have 10 chapters, there will be some reason to compel Ayaka not to give up and convince Hiroko..

Aggregator gang
At this point I kinda feel like the best path forward is for Ayaka and Risa to get together, with Hiroko stepping back and being a mutual friend they can confide in for Disaster Lesbian Wisdom in addition to what she does for them at work. But that's not the relationship that's on the title so it's probably not gonna happen.

I feel really bad in these "love triangle" stories when the person who's obviously putting in the most effort and honesty into pursuing a relationship just gets passed over. Hiroko values their mutual safety in the organization more than she values their relationship and there's nothing wrong with that but by all accounts it should be a relationship-ender.

Users who are viewing this thread