Ayakashi Triangle

Dex-chan lover
Whoever wrote gay is flat out wrong
Gays for girls don't exist at all, neither do lesbians, IT IS CALLED YURI!!!

Yaoi is for boys

Dex-chan lover
@zvtqn
Code:
Gotta agree, "Gay" is not precise term to talk about someone who has their sexes changed, because technically speaking you are not gay if you like opposite gender after your gender changed, i actually simplifies the term gay for "someone who attracted to their former gender" in gender bender manga/anime.

And yeah looking at the list, i can add more of "Guy turned into a girl and fall in love with guy (usually the their first male friend)" because how mainstream it is, but not with the one where MC is attracted to their former opposite gender.
Had to agree with this, most modern GB manga is a confusion between is it gay or not.

Technically it goes like
Male MC turn into Female > Hit on male best friend/close friend - Gay?
Male MC turn into Female > Still prefer women because the previous gender - Now it's Yuri?

So it might be wrong in some people's eyes, and japanese rather disliking the idea of the latter despite having the oldest work such as Ranma, Trans Venus, Kashimashi existing.

For the guy turned girl and fall in love with a gay is like 90% of GB that has romance I think.

What a shame, this would've been a good read.. if only it wasn't missing like 10 chapters in between .-.

never mind I found a non-missing version 1-19 on another website

Bruh you can't even read the manga on this site (except the extras)

Supporter
Yabuki had an interesting statement on the back of Volume 1:
準備段階からニッチな題材とは言われつつもあえてそれを主軸に、この20年描いてきた作品の延長にある「少年漫画」を描いてみたいと思いました。

Machine translation is never perfect, but this one seems pretty sensible:
Although it is said to be a niche subject from the preparatory stage, I wanted to draw "Shonen Manga", which is an extension of the work I have drawn for the last 20 years, with that as the main axis.
It's pretty clear from context that the "niche subject" he means is the gender-bending. Based on that statement, I'm confident Matsuri's female form will be relevant for the duration of the manga, and possibly become more focused on, though I wouldn't assume it'll be so in the same way.

Supporter
@DougamiZero: Besides Burn the Witch (not really a standard release), the first volume sales were the best for any Shonen Jump series that's started in 2020 or 2019. The manga is definitely going past this arc, it was probably just written before that was a certainty.

Supporter
@WedeQueueRAIDs: Because it's a romance focusing on a same-sex female couple. One of them was male until the end of the first chapter, but almost all of their romantic tension is after that.

This isn't the first series on mangadex with "genderswap" and "yuri" tags together, it's the 18th. (There are also 21 results for "genderswap+shoujo ai" that aren't tagged with "yuri".) If you've got complaints, you should have voiced them fifteen years ago when Kashimashi came out.

*Spoilers for chapter 20 in regards to the yuri tag*

Welp, this got a yuri tag, but if you check chapter 20 the main character turns back into a man, sooo, I guess the main girl is bi, but no one will ever address it, and they'll pretend this is a het couple in the end to keep the heteronormative status-quo.

Supporter
@SPHR-12: There's is very little chance he's staying that way--in fact, it's more likely
Matsuri didn't really change back, we're just seeing his spirit out of his body

More to the point, Matsuri becoming male just at the end wouldn't retroactively makes this not yuri after the vast majority of the story was about them being together as females. (It's not even subtext or nonsexual; they made out at the end of the first volume, and were practically spooning in bed in the second. )

Supporter
@ninryu: That would be leaving out many works accepted as “yuri” were at least one is masculine and of ambiguous gender identity, or come from a society/species with different concepts of gender (Love Gene XX, Simoun).

Conversely, many gender-bending works have a male-turned-female fall in love with a man without explicitly identifying as women, but no one is gonna call that “yaoi”.

Matsuri still identifies as male (though he’ll still sometimes call himself “a girl” even in internal monologue) but largely presents as female (he attends school under a female identity, wears the girls’ school uniform there, and even wearing male clothes elsewhere doesn’t downplay his feminine features). Suzu, meanwhile, is explicitly still attracted to Matsuri even while thinking of him “as a girl”.

Dude stop whiteknighting that shit.
There's plenty of works that are tagged as yuri and include anything else than girls loving each other. Not only are most of them trash, they have nothing to do in the yuri section.
I'm getting tired of this self-insert garbage and people like you that pretend like it's ok to include male characters in a lesbian romance.
Hetfags fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread