BEASTARS - Vol. 17 Ch. 148 - When I Woke Up I Thought Morning Would Come

@lis_d There are massive amounts of adult and sexual themes along with traces of gore. This is definitely not a shone- *demographic-shonen* ....WHAT. I thought this was a seinen the whole time?? I guess I haven’t read enough shonen with this kind of story. Aside from the coming of age story the themes and relationships all seem kind of adult though. No wait Haru literally was fucking (and trying to fuck) numerous boys including Louis and Legosi in the beginninHOW IS THIS SHONEN??

Ok, so next chapter, Legoshi will start freaking out, only for Haru to pop in nonchalantly either from the front door or from under the covers.

Dex-chan lover
@MrsLegosi To be fair, I'm 99% sure she wasn't promiscuous in this case, it's just the smell of melon grabbing her before, which, dammit legosi please pick up on that antler smell.

Group Leader
You guys REALLY went overboard translating that line and either unintentionally or intentionally made Legosi look extremely bad.

aWF609b.png

The line is
男と抱き合いましたね

"You were embraced by a male weren't you?"

Only in the most extreme interpretations of 抱き合い would it be implying sex and even then it would only be "implying" it. All the uses of it are for having two things be bound together.

抱き合う 【だきあう】 (v5u,vi) to embrace each other, (P)
抱き合せ 【だきあわせ】 (n) tie-in, package deal
抱き合せで販売 【だきあわせではんばい】 (n,vs) tie-in sale, product bundle
抱き合せる 【だきあわせる】 (v1,vt) (1) to cause to embrace, to combine, to conjoin, (2) to sell strong-selling products and poorly selling products together as a package
抱き合わせ 【だきあわせ】 (n) tie-in, package deal
抱き合わせる 【だきあわせる】 (v1,vt) (1) to cause to embrace, to combine, to conjoin, (2) to sell strong-selling products and poorly selling products together as a package
抱き合わせ増資 【だきあわせぞうし】 (n) bonus stock issue, rights stock issue, selling new stock for less than face value
抱き合わせ販売 【だきあわせではんばい】 (n,vs) tie-in sale, product bundle

The way it reads currently implies Legosi knows she had sex, which he doesn't. I'd highly recommend a V2.

@Fari Yeah, the comment someone @Chojiki posted about the translation makes a lot more sense. I was thinking Legosi somehow incorrectly thought she had sex either out of paranoia or because of the kopi luwak. Just saying "embraced" fits much better.

Dex-chan lover
@SomeDonkus It's determined by the demographic of the magazine/readers, not by the story itself. If someone ran a full on Shojo style romantic drama in Shonen Jump it'd still be considered Shonen and not Shojo.

Dex-chan lover
A part of me hopes he eat Haru, because all this teasing is insufferable, eating her would move things around seeing how we just wasted getting closer to Melon.

Contributor
Either Melon somehow kidnapped Haru right out of his room and dumped some meat there to confuse/frame him, or Haru had her period and wanted to mess with him.

Lel I guess it’s impossible to cheat on wolves (I mean even Juno smelled Haru and knew Haru didn’t f with Legosi) :b

Me, on one page before the last page: Awww finally Legosi can be happy.

Me, on the last page: Excuse me what the fuck.

HOW DARE YOU GIVE ME THIS FUCKING CLIFFHANGER! I DON'T WANT IT! THE TIME I BINGE THIS THE LAST CHAPTER OUT IS THIS FUCKING BOMBSHELL! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread