BEASTARS - Vol. 19 Ch. 162 - An Early Afternoon with a Good Wife and a Wise Mother

Double-page supporter
Nice to see that Melon's brand of crazy was hereditary.
Now Legosi just need to kick his ass already and we'll be golden

Dex-chan lover
I still prefer the explanation that a (water)melon is (herbivore) green on the outside, and (carnivore) red on the inside.

I also still find it odd that Melon’s sense of taste is dulled. Like, is it because gustation is polygenic and he just ended up not having effective taste buds, or is his eating experience being affected psychologically?

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes, the obligatory "we insist you understand and sympathize with villain" hook.
Yeah, I'm sure Donald Trump also had issues growing up and blames his hairline on his parents. Doesn't make his combover any less obnoxious to look at.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think all villain backstories are necessarily meant to rack up sympathy, but to explain how they got so twisted.

Dex-chan lover
@Spookilurkr I know I’m getting into game theory levels of speculation, but it’s possible it’s because he’s a cat hybrid. Cats are unable to taste anything sweet, but I’m not sure why he can’t taste meat.

So wikipedia says that melons are a type of berry, and berries are a type of fruit, so... can the translator explain what she meant?

Dex-chan lover
Melons not being fruits, are they talking about melon-pan or what? 🤔

Fed-Kun's army
Author went so full retard that the melon isn't a fruit now. I feel like a person reading edgy PC backstory for a TTRPG.

So... No remorse killing Melon now, right?

Just imagining a Wolf/Rabbit hybrid stand brutalizing Melon with Legosi Jojo-posing behind it! A shame I don't have the time for trying a fanart of this now...

Also, I don't get this thing about melons not being fruits. Is it something lost in translation? I saw a scene in a Ghibli movie where the people was REALLY amazed seeing/tasting a pineapple for the first time, but the movie is older than me and I can't imagine they not being used to melons with all the "melon pan" thing in animes!

Users who are viewing this thread