BEASTARS - Vol. 21 Ch. 182 - Who Did You See During The Sunset On The Road To School That Day?

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Time for my usual Chapter review.

The first page is a single page in the magazine, it is not a double spread page. I’m guessing one of the days Drama Club goes to set up the Meteor Festival, since it has both Juno and Louis. While Legoshi hasn’t awakened yet from Rescue Haru, it is the time when all the Drama club members are together, with some unity before everything goes to shit. It fits well with the title as a flashback to the past as the chapter is a remember everyone that gone

As a reminder, this is a flashback to ch 130 where Louis notes he feels every time Legoshi get injured… which is the same moment as the beat down by Dokugumi…

Page 4 & 5: It took us a while to make this clear. The basic idea is Pain, suffering and sorrow will affect the person [Legoshi] the same amount regardless if it is shared with another [how Louis feels Legoshi’s pain]. Louis can’t do anything to reduce that. Louis knows Legoshi does the best he can and notes how he get injured [per page], and feels helpless when he can’t do much [see chapter 175]. Page 5 flips that note, uses this as motivation to resolve himself, just like ch 175 and do the unthinkable, doubling down the actions of ch 175.

Louis on page 8 may be due to his Experience with Legoshi / Shishigumi, but is common with other. See Drama Club / Bill x Els / and Sebun [ch 100 pag 18]. Rather Louis state it better not to hide so they can be true and smile naturally in a way that is not frighting

It is interesting Cherryton had all students stay for Rexmas instead of going home.

While Juno had a very brief appearance that some consider not enough, it is still important. Her inner thoughts are a reflection of Drama Club. While Louis & Legoshi have their own roles to change society, others need to support the change. Such as the Drama Club where it all began and still fighting for unity [against the segregation events of ch 78/79]

!LKJ#@$FD. PARU REMEMBERED RIZ EXISTED!?!? Rise of the Pina X Riz Ship. With the recent chapters, I don’t think anyone expected a Riz mention. Pina’s actions is totally within his behavior as a daring herbivor [per ch 72], but readers did not consider this possibility since Riz fates was unknown.

Riz being Pina’s first male friend instead of Legoshi, this makes sense since Legoshi didn’t actually bond with Pina aside with Riz.

Wait, Sheila and Peach [ch 70]… But Sheila was a 3rd year who graduated so why is she in Cherryton uniform? Then again, could be just a friendly visit.

Page 16 is a good example of all the herbivore/carnivore relationships that currently exist and support Louis change

Louis: We need to use BAM to live in harmony. Outside world: CIVIL WAR TIME. LET GO KILL the herbivore, screw harmony.

Another theme of the series is that the young generation lead the change while adults are untrustworthy [aka why Gouhin exist as a trustworth adult]. Again, ch 100 pg 18. Sharp contrast of the previous page. Looks like Yahya's role is the aftermath of Louis' speech, of everyone that disagrees. Not sure of Gosha’s role since he is split between Legoshi as his original purpose and Yahya who is right in front of him.

I rate this chapter as 5/5, perfect. Most exciting chapter in a long time. Multiple events. Louis having a seizure due to Legoshi. Louis remembering his vow with Legoshi in ch 175. Louis speaking about BAM and saying they should eat Meat to cause a revolution. Juno & Drama club appearance. Riz being remembered [and Pina x Riz]. The Civil war

While this chapter doesn’t move the plot that much, moving the plot is not the only thing that makes a good story. It is a tie-in chapter that reminds us other characters exist. I personally felt that Riz arc is rushed [Juno Adler], but this chapter shows it is not going the same path by showing the global impact. Note, Legoshi did say Riz duel would not impact society in ch 96, but that doesn’t mean other factors should be forgotten.

Dex-chan lover
its-a-bold-sz9zqy.jpg

Y’all are dumb as hell if you thought she wouldn’t bring up the protests in America. This is a really political manga. Really good chapter.

If you guys don’t like the edits then don’t read that part 👏👏 let them have their fun, they deserve it for the work they do.

Trash drama club chapter, not enough dom 0/10

Jk I actually really liked this chapter, felt like it was a good break from the fights

Dex-chan lover
Amazing chapter, it was great to show the consequences of everything that it's happening right now and it's nice to see everyone again and how they are reacting to all of this, I didn't expect to see Riz again and I expected even less Pina becoming his friend, and to think that at some point I used to hate this womanizer, he still is, but his courage, confidence and sincerity are admirable, I will give him that.

I'm very excited to see what's to come, not only for the battle with Melon, but also to see how society will be affected by everything that it's going on.

Dex-chan lover
This is the best chapter in God knows how long.
It's crazy how much the series improves when it's actually focusing on characters and their relationships rather than pseudo-shounenshit with Melon getting away with everything because plot feat Legosi's autism of the day.

Me, a degenerate: Legosi as 2 hands for both Haru and Louis, and Louis still has 2 hands for Legosi and Juno. Problem solved.

Also not going to lie, this chapter is my personal favorite so far of the arc.

8 pages of unfunny edits at the end tho...

Please stop the cringe you losers.

Users who are viewing this thread