BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 195 - The Last One-On-One Battle of The Mammals

Fed-Kun's army
I finally caught up after not reading this for a year and IT'S ENDING NEXT CHAPTER?!?!?!?! Big sad.

Group Leader
uwah. it's actually ending, huh.
@ghostkun what went wrong was paru not being able to let the melon arc finish when it should've. i think they caught and then let go of him like 3 times before they finally finished things up? no way it should've lasted anywhere near as long as it did. additionally, this manga was always at its best when it was a weird slice of life type thing with a bit of detective-ing stuff on the side. i keep saying this in the comments but pretty much everything after the first arc stinks of editor interference to me.

Dex-chan lover
@jak
Also, reminder that she randomly promised Melon that he could eat her.
Why should we remember that? Paru sure seemed to forget it, given that that plot thread vanished the same way the "imaginary chimeras" did.

Well that was a shitty proposal still think the other rabbit chick was cuter

Fed-Kun's army
Ngl she looks like she's about to kill herself as soon as he says yes.

@Minkulus Nah I'd say the drop out arc was pretty ight. Definitely wasn't as good as the first few arcs, but was much better than the Melon arc.

Fed-Kun's army
@ghostkun Just glad they can finally end it. Hopefully they don't pull some crazy shit like Haru committing suicide in traffic to "win" or having Legosi get crippled trying to save her.

So rather than the manga focusing mostly on Legosi and Haru's relationship so that I can actually care about these two and their struggles, we instead get Legosi chasing down a random hybrid, only for him to not use any of the fighting techniques he picked up against him, AND for said hybrid to not even die, and a last minute proposal that makes me feel nothing because this rabbit essentially became a background character . . . Thank you Paru, very cool !

@Minkulus Couldn't agree more. Melon wouldn't have been that bad if he appeared only briefly for the entire story in maybe three or four chapters but instead he's the focus of an entire arc that forced the protag to completely abandon the setting and characters that made this manga great in the first place. They had something really good with the slice of life stuff and initial murder mystery but then lost it.

Dex-chan lover
Welp. Would've been pretty cool seeing the aftermath. Just breaking down the Back alley market isn't gonna solve everyone's problems. The hint of Legosi being an important person for the sea-folk. While the melon arc was definitely a drag as it just lasted so long, I REALLY wanted to see more of this world and how it changes.
As per mentioned, the whole imaginary chimera thing fell completely flat. Like, where in the world did that go when he was fighting Melon (not that I liked the concept to begin with)?
What about Legosi and Louis metaphorically inheriting the dream of becoming Beastars? They made one major world accomplishment, and nothing else? Cmon... so many bits and pieces just left to hang.

Wait what---? I guess they ran out of idea/goal so they suddenly ending it? Such a bummer. The premise this manga offer in the beginning is really good. But I have to admit it kinda went down when Melon arc starting to take over.

I'm just gonna imagine Beastar is what its used to be and leave the rest as a nightmare.

@Minkulus
I saw some other comments mention about editor interference too. Can I have a source on that?

Users who are viewing this thread