BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 196 - The Story of a Wolf and a Rabbit

Fed-Kun's army
I think arguably this had one of those most interesting starts of a series that I've ever seen, and it just kinda fell flat in the middle and end. There was so many mish-mashed story lines, I don't even remember what happened with the Poop Coffee Cat, Melons arc was just weird, and the Beastar the title of the manga never got addressed aside from "They're the real cool animals in society" and "Yasha is a Beastar" as much as I want to look forward to another work, if it starts off as a 10 again and ends at a 5 I don't want to put myself through another 4 years. Reminds me of Shokugeki no Souma, like it was a pretty alright series in the beginning and then it just devolved into who knows what. Maybe I missed some underlying plot but this was, I think to any fan, an unsatisfying ending.

It's an okay ending I guess. I don't feel completely satisfied tbh. "Stay tuned for the next series from Itagaki Paru" might signify something.

Group Leader
Discord community link. Come for the fun discussion, release pings, special unreleased omake, side stories, leaks and stuffs. https://discord.gg/Beastars

Huge shoutout to The Hybridgumi team. Numbuh1 as our main translator. Soundfox, 5pike as our typesetter. Wulfy & Eoneon as cleanner/redrawers. Mei, Ahyes, Baron as our QC. Pleasure working with you guys.

I’ll make 2 posts this time, 1 for this chapter, and 1 for the overall series view.

To my knowledge, Beastars only had 3 other cases of a color page that is not cover: Chapter 1, 29 and 47. Fitting it is the end of the series. But it is weird she forgot about that the entire.

On the color page, I see Paru did her best to list all the major characters. But still missing character like Els [rip Bill x Ship], Kyuu/Que [so what was the point of her intro]. Though Els you can argue didn’t impact the story that much. But what about Kyuu/Que, who intro changed the Melon arc. It is nice to see all th dead characters with Halo, to show they mean much to the story, even if dead.

Page 4 is can be seen as alude back to Territory time introduced in ch 9, or the same species making each other feel better in ch 27 / 45 / 47. Both times Show Legoshi changed, that he is no longer comfortable with standard wolves, but rather with Haru. Just being with her makes him happy.

Both Haru and Legoshi are in sync, to initially reject and admit the problems, but still say stay together in spite of that. Each person going , No you.

Grim thoughts: Haru’s will reach old age before Legoshi. So old age couple of Haru & Legoshi is not possible, as Haru will die first due to heart beat. Though, they should be able to have a child together, and Haru lives with the child. But Legoshi will suffer a fate similar to Gosha.

The fact there is a difference that require them to put everything on line, that is what makes their relationship meaningful.

If Gouhin is there, what is the point of his cameo in chapter 194? Applying for a job? Also, Psychiatry department? Just because BAM is gone, doesn’t mean animals won’t fall to their instincts.

Why is Jack in normal clothes, and not helping clean up? I wonder what the impact of the special class, or if he has a plan to make dog breeds better? Remember part of the issue is how he reacts. So is that a dog problem or a society problem solution?.

Can’t feel much about Drama club. The group we know at Cherryton are all graduating. We don’t know how Pina or Juno will lead the club. Really Paru could have us more attached to Cherryton group.

Nice to see Legoshi did get paid, Is he planning to have Haru to move in with him in the Hidden Condo.

If Yahya is a Vigliante, what is the point if he is not Beastars and retired? So he officially became batman?

Took a few reread, but the plan is to decorate everything magazine, same way you have doctor office with a magazine. It is to spread the HC name around, continue the fame Louis raised.

Louis did accept his fate as Azuki husband.

Note: Azuki isn’t a gold digger, as she doesn’t reject Louis request. She is more neutral, caring about Louis’s request. Yet at same time, not going above and beyond and helping Louis' feelings.

I know the horny people will comment on how Haru/Paru is pulling down Legoshi pants to step up on Legoshi

High Chance the Carnivore Yahya is called for is actually Legoshi.

So Haru's solution for her to work with Legoshi is to climb on him? I think that more of an ego thing. One fanfic Idea I had was for Haru to climb on Legoshi back to ride him. You can say this is pointless, but it is a win for her, as she has to work for it. Small action which we don’t think about makes a big difference.

Sucks big time that the ending says dating and not engaged. Though, saying engaged would seem strange to normal people since no ring or anything else to show they are together. So dating actually fits better. If Haru were to say engaged due to the proposals earlier, how will others believe it? Dating is normal as interspecies, but not engaged. I’m guessing once it becomes more apparent to other then they would say engaged to others

Typical of a final chapter, it does recap all the characters in a eulogy type style. However when comparing this chapter as a final chapter, I would say it only a ⅗. Paru said she knew the last 2 chapters, but not how to get there. So that explains why chapter 194-196 has a completely different feel from the Melon arc.Rather the lasting impact of Melon arc was only subtle, and didn’t actually do much to the last chapters. So there less of a cohesive feel.

Some of the character eulogy fit, some didn’t.

While I would blame the Melon arc on COVID, which did not allow Paru to go out and get ideas, the ending being eh i say is more on Paru. Seems like the moment she stated she knew the last 2 chapters but not how to get there, means it harder to make the ending flow. Could have used an entire volume of an eulogy for everyone. Wish it was an extra long chapter as well, but this was just 23. Ch 47 and 69 was much longer.

Dex-chan lover
@Vertical , legit wouldn't even be mad if they pulled that sort of thing off. Maybe it'd be best to just dismiss the whole melon arc and rewind up until that point.

@Blazer168 nah, they haven't kept in touch after that last date, apparently.

Ending felt pretty rushed, but at least it gave a conclusion of sorts, though many things still remained half-explained, and many others were only briefly touched, and never talked about again. Hope the new series from Paru somehow adresses those things.

Aggregator gang
no beastars confirmation. i wonder who became yahya's successor

Dex-chan lover
That was funny, not perfect i will admit, but you know what i am happy and who knows... it seems that Paru-sensei's intention with her works was to make an interconnected world so this may be just the end of this series but there will be more of this world and its inhabitants.

Users who are viewing this thread