BEASTARS - Vol. 22 Ch. 196 - The Story of a Wolf and a Rabbit

Fed-Kun's army
@Alter-P I only disliked the Mellon Fight and the lack of commitment to anything. The Melon arc was good until the fight, the fight dragged out for to long and went down a weird spiral of fight to flashback to new character to fight to flashback and so on. The lack of commitment comes in multiple occasions, such as when Haru and Melon making the promise where he will eat her, and then Melon not dying, then melon gets shot twice instead of a second person shot, then the Beastar not dying. Other than that it’s a pretty alright manga, but man, the actual Melon “fight” deteriorated the quality of the manga. Plus the ending was lame, sweet, but lame. It went with the “x did this and y did that and happily ever after”

I guess Louis ended up with his deer wife after all... Dang this series was the fucking BEST!!

..RIP Juno's love life tho

There's still so many things to explore and left unanswered... what a shame.

I personally still like this manga. As I stated before I will take the rest as a nightmare. Though I'm hoping they did better at making the whole story structured. It's like they only had grand idea up to Riz (mystery arc) revelation and not the Beastar itself. Even if they want to give us this ending where it seems we don't need Beastar anymore they should have explain more not just rely on readers conclusion. In the end they say they focus on the teen drama, so I'm guessing it's weird if they use time skip or tell the story up to their adult time. So I think the proper ending would be why they didn't need Beastar anymore or a hint of hope a certain someone would be the next Beastar or... I dunno, Paru-sensei used to surprise us in the past.

Looking forward to the independent short story!

Would like to have seen a few more ends tied up and maybe a few more ships sailing (rip juno, no love for you). But all in all it was a fun ride. Glad I enjoyed it with all of you.

I still enjoyed this and don't regret reading it, and very well might do it again some day. But it didn't feel like it was going to end this quickly honestly, but at least they got a happy ending!

Dex-chan lover
Just as open ended as I would have expected from Paru-sensai
Many thanks

hey you think it's possible for juno to be like the next beastar?
she's got charm, ambition, and pretty good leadership skills
beastars dont necessarily have to be fighters like yahya
plus, for a good character, she's non existent in the last chapter so that's kinda sus

it went all sorts of directions and it got weird and it got odd and it got funny and sometimes it meandered and got strange and nonsensical

but in a lot of ways i found that to be part of the story's charm. the fact it couldn't stay perfectly focused sort of mirrors how nonsense reality can be

idk

i was into it the entire time ngl

hope the next thing from paru is lit

This arc is pretty wack, there's so many early plot points that don't appear later (mainly, how Melon is infatuated with Haru and with how Melon ended up, I thought this arc is gonna be a build up to a later arc) and except a few character that are magically forgotten it's a pretty decent ending (it's kinda lackluster tho).

Dex-chan lover
WHERE'S JUNO?
Who's the next Beastars!?
Were are the babies!?
So many unanswered question, should've have made a "closing/ending" arc

If Itagaki didn't waste so much time with all the battle shounen nonsense we maybe could've gotten a more satisfying conclusion. Sometimes I feel like her Papa has some bad influence on her lol. Overall this series went downhill really fast after the Melon arc but the first half is still a great read.

Users who are viewing this thread