BEASTARS

Fed-Kun's army
@FrostBlood: It's not Halloweeny, if that's what you're worried about. It's got some spooky drawings here and there and can get a bit gorey, but I would definitely not call this a horror manga. The first arc acts like a murder-mystery, if anything.

Truly interesting. I decided to read because of all the recommendations on r/manga but I do not regret it. I spent the entire night reading this.

Beastars is really good, but it has some moments when it just... doesn't feel right. For me it was the fight with the polar bear, and now this sloth seems awfully convenient

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect to like it that much to be honest, I don't have a history of being into anthropomorphic animals if you know what I'm saying.
The art is interesting and the worldbuilding is detailed as well. Now I need to go into hibernation until enough chapters are released...

Dex-chan lover
Anime trailer
https://youtu.be/pJ3wd6u4zlQ

Don't know how to feel.

Anime looks terrible and the manga is waning. It seems like modern manga has much more interesting premises but lacks that foundation of storytelling intrigue.

i think this need a smut or ecchi tag since it has some sex scene and some kinky play

i am considering to drop this manga

the story after yafya with legosi hunting lemon(?) together has been trainwreck at best

yafya leaving a teenager alone with a criminal, legosi meet his mom in near death experience(i don't buy this bullshit), the sloth's amazing performance as delayed voice ventriloquist, shark who just happily let a prey run based from the fact that they can introduce themself and is a friend of a seal

bunch of bullshit
this manga should've just ended after legosi fight with the polar bear
it can end with decent note at least

and the chapters titles are pretty cringe from the start tbh

Someone actually explained to me that Legosi's meeting with his mom was likely just an hallucination, considering all of the things she reveals to him were things he already knew.

Contributor
@me474

it isnt the point of the story so i dont think either need to be added, and i wont be personally adding them. Smut is for when the entire story is centered around it, and ecchi is similar in it being a main element of the comic. All the sexual bits here are for a story purpose and not necessarily meant to be arousing.

If anything they need to add an 18+/NSFW tag for situations like this.

@Trips
feel like thats implied rather strongly.

I'm giving this until chapter 150 to correct itself or I'm dropping it. This whole arc has been the most stupid shit I've seen in a modern manga. I can practically see the editor reaching his grubby fingers into the story to try to change what it is so it's more generic and wide-appealing like the scum he probably is. Nobody gives a shit about this Melon character, they're poorly written with no real motivations and have done nothing to make the story more interesting.
I didn't read this for the action, I read it because the characters were actually interesting and not just the same tired genre tropes slapped into new bodies. Now they're rapidly turning into that. There's no room for character development in this plot that's going on. It's simultaneously too fast for anything interesting to happen with the characters but too slow to be interesting as an action story. There's plenty of other, better, action manga to read and I'm sure I can find a better character manga as well.

Users who are viewing this thread