Beatrice

Thank you for translating!!
We're finally getting somewhere! :3
The duke was slow as a rock, but now we're starting to roll <3

Thank you for the chapter! I MTL For My Sister there's a webtoon some of us would really like you to translate, if possible. It's called She's My Type. It's really cool, but it was dropped. If you like it, would you mind picking it up? Only when you're available, of course. We just want it to be translated. 😌 Thank you! 🤗

Thank you for translating & thank your lovely sister for requesting this of you in the first place 😂❤

Group Leader
Let's bring slavery back since it's so much better amirite

Beatrice is a spit in the face of everyone who sacrificed themselves to end slavery and those who died trying to give themselves or there children a brighter future. Shes be the one to snitch to the matster in the old south when she heard they were trying to escape. Caause being a house slave is way better then being on the run according to her

Being humiliated or at the risk of rape/death is okay as long as your happy

And ist not like korea didnt have slavery so it's not a cultural thing.

It's really makes sense that the author wrote this when she was in high school school. It does read like those fall in love with my kidnapper stories you find on wattap

A typical teen who dosent know one thing about real world problems and roamantacizes them for her slavery fetish

Let me tell you what wpipd happen in the stroy if tje aubotr dodnt have s panery fetish and live in the real world

The Duke would sleep with beatrice for one night. Then shed get pregnant and her and her kid would he sold off separately cause shed have no use anymore

None of this romance would happen cause shitheads like the duke are not capable.of feeling love and beatrice is so broken that servitude is okay for her

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@theilikepie If you are basing this on slavery in real life, then please, educate yourself a little more. Slavery should never be practised or justified, however, some slaves have indeed had better lives than regular people, for example in ancient Rome or parts of Greece. Yes, their life was in danger of being killed on a whim, however, depending on who they served they had a lot of benefits, and sometimes would be freed after long time of servitude (usually because their master loved them or was happy with their loyalty).
This is a story of FICTION, and every person experiences life in a different way, so if our MC is happier being a slave, I can actually see why. If you failed to notice why, let me clarify:
- No one has any expectations of her while she's a slave, while her father forced her to do things she didn't want while she was a 'free' person and a noble at that;
- She doesn't have to get married (especially after the awful experience she had);
- If she is lucky, she can actually earn her freedom, whereas she had no chance to avoid being a pawn for her father;
- Aside from serving her master, she has a lot of free time, and since no one cares what she does, she can pretty much dedicate herself to things she likes...etc.
I suppose there are many things she mentiones herself, but it is HER perspective based on HER experiences, that being a slave is better for HER. She never said it was better in general, or that everyone feels the same.

If your ancestors suffered because of slavery or in any other way, I'm sorry and I understand why you would feel angry, HOWEVER, this has nothing to do with your ancestors.
It is a fantasy world where logic and real life rules don't apply, and anyone can create anything they want.
Cheers.

@miraianna I'm sure Ancient Roman and Greek slaves would DEFINITELY have wanted to be freed. To suggest otherwise is to undermine the vast chasms of difference of status of a servant and a slave .

And I think that's the biggest issue with this webcomic. It would've been just as effective if Chloe was a servant not a slave. The difference in status from her beginning luxury to her forced serving of the Grand Duke would've been just as vast and evident a change in status WITHOUT the added dimension of slavery.

The added aspect of slavery just seems to make light of the depths of horror and bloody suffering that's held within the word slavery.

Yes, it's just a story. Stories often hold aspects of the creator's views, experiences, beliefs and beliefs of their society. And contribute to the social understanding of issues and topics.

So even if it's a 4 panel One Shot...it's not just a 'story'. It's a contribution to Popular Culture and all that comes with it 🤷🏽‍♀️

Now this all doesn't mean I won't read it. The art is stunning. I'm also incredibly grateful (as always) to the amazing Scanlating teams. And the colour scheme is what I aspire my room to look like lol.

Nonetheless this critique is very valid and I would completely understand if someone wasn't comfortable and wanted to stop reading it or if it became too much and I stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread