Berserk - Vol. 41 Ch. 362 - Phantasm

Fed-Kun's army
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Dex-chan lover
For now and until we get more info, I'm gonna call that woman The Queen of King Gaiseric.
She is branded AND whoever branded her (We have ear an story about a sage in the tower of conviction who called to god and his angels answered destroying Gaiseric's capital, most probably Void was that sage) also branded the land (see background in page 16) and we have seen all the corpses branded in the buried city of midland, this somehow parallel the eclipse when Griffith becomes Femto, (Void offers the ones he loves, citizens and royals of the kingdom, Griffith offers the Falcons ) and the incarnation of Femto after Egg apostle offered and branded the land.

Problem I see right now is, when Gaiseric got the berserk armor?
He is donning the berserk armor in this flash back, so, he got it before the eclipse were Void ascend to the god hand?
or
Gaiseric survived like Gutts the ascension of Void and this flashback is the moment when SK lose his last bonds to humanity (what will happen if Gutts lose Caska and his currents companions) and the berserk armor consumes his body only letting left SK spiritual body? maybe this as parallel of the events of Femto incarnation with the difference Caska survived but Queen not?

Aggregator gang
So those evil fuckers once again, responsible for damn near everything. Though i wonder, what caused the fall of Four of the Five members of the Godhand, given the current composition is entirely different bar Void. I guess SK actually managed to kill even them?

Lux

Power Uploader
@Xical
Problem I see right now is, when Gaiseric got the berserk armor?
The physical world and astral world were merged in ancient times just as they are now, as the elders on the island revealed. Also the practice of magic was common and not considered as "evil" as said by Flora and Schierke. I think the humans and the creatures lived in harmony and Gaiseric could have been acquainted with various other mythical races like the dwarves who created the armor for him.

What caused the 2 world to be separated was probably the God Hand doing. In a 1000 years master plan they first divided humans from mythical creatures and a thousand year later re-merged them in the same world in order to rule over all. The same old tactic, Divide et Impera.

@Xical, I wonder, how did that sage have authority to sacrifice the entire capital (or even worse, entire kingdom)? If we remember, waaaay back to the slug count, he tried to sacrifice Guts but could not because Guts was not within his authority. His daughter was up for grabs and would have been very valuable.

Maybe the sage was granted regency while the King went questing or crusading in his fancy armor?

Power Uploader
@Xical same idea I thought off, it's either eclipse where Gaiseric was branded, or 2nd eclipse where he came for God's Hand heads, but then why he has berser armor? And if so does that mean this elf lady is just random person?

More questions than answers we got with this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Only one of those god hands are ones we know.... So SK has probably killed 4 and 4 new ones(including griffith) has appeared since then.

I'm speculating the the god hand that remained the same, is probably the one who sacrificed SK.

Now lets go in deeper into what might be next. Maybe the reason why SK is still alive is because he is a sacrifice., where his soul is bound to one of the god hand who sacrificed him, as such he can't die. In that same line of thought, he can't kill him. As such, he can't get rid of the god hands in it entirety.

Dex-chan lover
@DeusVult he don't need authority to sacrifice them, he only need them to be important to him, count tried to sacrifice Gutts but can't because is not important to him, but count still lover Theresia, his daughter, and that is why she was pointed by the god hand to become his new sacrifice.

@Lux current event are paralleling what happened then, so I think the merge of planes happened after this flashback, so Gaiseric got the berserk armor when he was conquering the continent by some means (really doubt this) or he survived and escaped with his queen, end in elf helm, got the berserk armor, tried to strike back and ended losing everything, even his humanity and that is what we are seeing in the flashback ( for me this the most probable scenario, but not exactly)

Lux

Power Uploader
@Xical I don't think you understand what i said. The planes coexisted as one in the first place. If you check the chapter they speak with the elders they say Griffith restored the world to the chaos of ancient times. I'm speculating that it was the God Hand who separated the planes at some point 1000 years ago, only to re-merge them now, hence Gaiseric having the armor shouldn't be so surprising.

Here's the page i'm referring to:
x13.png

Also when Judeau was telling Gaiseric's story, the part when they're going to save Griffith, he said according to legend Gaiseric had a ruthless and merciless way of fighting his enemies, reinforcing the idea he already had the armor.

Dex-chan lover
God damn it Berserk is still very interesting but the wait and number of pages are ridiculous

Damn it almost gave me a heart attack when I saw the obituary. Hoooo! RIP for Miura's friend. Hope Miura will live long enough to finish this series or me myself hopefully.

see you guys in 3 months, atleast we have had a consisted release date for the past few chapters

Dex-chan lover
@Lux I don't think the elders are calling something ancient times when those times where in their lifetimes, like Ged was a child at the time.
There are chronicles of those events (the fall of the city, the conquer of Gaiseric) and no mention of anything like the merge occurring right now in the berserk world or a divide of the planes, I think they are referring at what we can call the time of the myths in the really long past and not something that just happened a millennia ago.

Users who are viewing this thread