Beta site (v3) going live soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Would be nice to have an easier way of accessing the Advanced Search. Batoto had a button for it besides the Quick Search.

Also, the blank spaces on the left and right side of the screen are a bit too large for my tastes.

Miku best girl
Admin
V2 is bootstrap3 while v3 is bootstrap4, which is much better for everything. V3 is also lighter on the webserver, so it will be able to handle more users before the next upgrade is needed.

Contributor
Hm, I wonder if it'd be possible to add 'already read' sign in the chapter select menu inside the reader? Like in the usual chapter list.

Though I'm not sure if it'd be convenient.

In here: https://i.imgur.com/8cQX8AZ.png

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@N0Mi0 posted:

Hm, I wonder if it'd be possible to add 'already read' sign in the chapter select menu inside the reader? Like in the usual chapter list.
Not with the current system, the API is deliberately being designed to be non-specific to the user for performance purposes. Even if I had the data, I couldn't use the the same eye icon and would have to replace it with something text-based, because native HTML selects don't allow anything else. I'm deliberately using native selects because especially on mobile they're significantly superior to any custom implementations.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I'd love to maybe have custom folders implemented (this way I could stuff all my guilty pleasure isekais in one place... jk jk).
Other than that - this is a wonderful site and I wanted to thank you for keeping it alive and developing it even further!

Contributor
Okay, I've definitely warmed to the new site and I think, for the most part, it looks better than the current one, so thank you!
The only real thing, and it's tiny and very unimportant, is the follow button on the titles page:
2of6P.png

It looks very out of place to me. Other than that, all is well. Thanks guys!

Somebody might already talk about this but is there a way to add pagination for the latest updates. I tend to check if there is any new/interesting update in the morning before going to work and only read them until I got back. With the beta layout, I lost track of the older updates during the day because it either shows a certain amount of new chapters and my follow list. Solution is I have to instant follow everything I found interesting, then go back and remove some of them later on. I know I sound like a lazy bum but bottom like is: I would like to check out interesting things that are uploaded during the day without having to bookmark them.
Edit: I was reading on mobile. Not sure if desktop already has a pagination.

i have a problem using the beta. i usually read long strip. in my phone using the old mangadex, when i finished reading i can use 'back' (rewind history or whatever it is) to go back to the index or whatever i come from. in beta mangadex my 'back' is just bring me to the last page and i find it inconvenient. i think add a setting for this could help. i can help if by any chance mangadex is open on git somewhere.

Will fit height finally work when the beta goes live? I always have to scroll at least a little currently, on both the main and beta site. Very annoying.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Boogiepop What resolution/browser? Take a screenshot of your screen, fit height shouldn't cause any scrollbar since it uses the size of the reader window. Same goes for fit to container.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@boogiepop oh.
you're using the live site.
beta reader makes more sense.
http://beta.mangadex.org/chapter/412424/1

if you have a landscape orientated monitor, fit to height and fit to container will pretty much always do the same thing (except for super wide images like double page spreads, would spill off screen on fit to height)
if you had a portrait orientated monitor, something that might happen often is fit to height would display the full image (and also have it spill off the sides since it only fits to height), whereas fit to container would keep the image inside the reading area

Fed-Kun's army
Great work guys on the beta site.
1. Would it be possible to reply to a comment? Currently I see that you can only post a new comment, and can't reply to someone's comment.
2. Is it possible to toggle the location of the chapter bar, I kinda like it's position to be at the top, which it is, in the case of the current reader and most websites.

On the beta site it is the same. Still have to scroll vertically. Same page: https://imgur.com/a/kwL7MOI

My monitor is standard orientation and I cannot honestly see a difference between fit height and fit container (which might be better understood as "fit Window" or "fit Page" based on how you describe it).

is a Reindeer
VIP
@boogiepop Ah, seems like you're using the legacy reader.
If you're going to be using the legacy reader, just know that we don't have any plans to update it. The new reader solves most issues people had and is less taxing on the servers
6526b23a01.png

and here's a page where there's a difference between fit to height and fit to container
http://beta.mangadex.org/chapter/107631/22

Contributor
Please make it possible to edit the inbox messages. The recipient posted several big images and I have to scroll through those each time to see the newest reply.
(planning just to tell him to erase them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread