Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

For you guys who dont understand why she kept quite : she believes his hands are already full and since he has a lot to deal with emotionally she didnt want to bother him with any more issues.
That's why she didnt tell him.
THIS IS BREAKING MY HEART 😭

Ty for the update ! <3

Ah, Hari, you do have a soft spot for Eugene.

😢

I wanna whip that aunt.

Group Leader
I'm surprised that ya'll are surprised that she kept quiet.
There're numerous factors:

(1) She still has the mindset that she's an outsider, and probably doesn't feel confident in assuming the degree to which Eugene has changed (even though we know he'd step in to help her if he knew she was being abused). The only reason she was more vocal about it when her brothers were tormenting her was because her parents were supporting her (and also it's easier to dominate kids than adults), but she has no support now other than her overworked brother.
(2) The aunt, as horrible as she is, is actually the main reason Eurich is doing better. Hari probably doesn't want to get rid of the one person that's keeping this kid alive.
(3) Eugene is overworked, overstressed, and probably feels guilty about not bringing Cabel back. And he's younger than Hari was before she returned to the past. She probably figures that she, as an adult (mentally), can handle the abuse more than Eugene can handle another suitcase-worth of stress. Especially when you consider the fact that Hari already experienced all in the past. If anything, the real stress placed on Hari is confirmation that her aunt doesn't care about etiquette but is using any excuse she can to abuse this child.

@Spica thanks for the advice! I’m still in the mindset of having to write 3,000 word essays even with school cancelled lol, so I didn’t notice how long it actually was until you pointed it out. I’ll try to take it on board in the future! I was about to work on a TL;DR version after you suggested it, but I’ve noticed that @sakuchu has pretty much summed up the same points plus made some of their own that explains Hari’s behaviour, so I think imma bow out from here and hand the mic to them haha

OMG this is too heartbreaking 😭 As an adult is she supposed to act like that even if you hate her at least people wouldn't go that far.

Theres alot of ppl asking y she didnt tell on the aunt. Thats because eugene is having a difficult time and stuggling with the ducal affairs and business..so he needs someone elder to rely on and trust who can take care of his siblings whilst he does the other stuff. And that person is the aunt. If she says the bad about the aunt, he will get more stressed out and unable to properly work. Relying on Hari is not working coz Erichs not listening to her either ...but is listening to the aunt. So for eugene, its a sort of comfort that his sibling are being taken care of.
Someone also did ask him if he should get another relative as well.
Hope this helped😅😆

Ezk

Full sad, everyone is sad and traumatized and my poor girl is being abused again

People in the comments being shortsighted idiots thinking that a child can do anything to stop the abuse from an adult. What do you expect her to do? Fight her aunt who is like twice her size? If she outsmarted the aunt with words it'd be fruitless anyway with the imbalance in power.

Even if she told Eugene the truth, he's still a child too and can't handle everything on his own. Telling him would only cause him more stress, since he'd have to find someone else to replace his aunt and make sure that they don't also end up the same way. Hari, now with the braincapacity of an adult, knows this and that's why she kept quiet.

What a fucked up predicament. Imagine carrying the stress of that secret knowing damn well everyone could see your bruises if you just lifted your skirt a little, and that it would make everything just a little more difficult for everyone.

Could all be solved too if the aunt didn't grow up into a child abusing cunt. It really is the kind of hell that fuck you up as a kid, but a powerless adult, totally at the beck and call of the bruise, fully aware of every consequence of every action? Christ.

It would be rally satisfying for some lumberjack mf to walk in on that and just doomguy style skullcrush the twat, but that's a pipe dream

:((((( I thought Hari would be kicking ass on her second chance but she's still being abused. im gonna cry.
I hope that aunt gets the karma she deserves

@Cattish
Thanks for writing all that: you just saved me the trouble and time to write a thousand words paragraph about the same topics you mentioned; I wholeheartedly agree with you.

To all of you complaining about not understanding the author's choice, go read his/her comment, page 2.

Users who are viewing this thread