Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

Yeahhhhh I can’t blame her for getting depressed at the likelihood of them not being able to stand up for/with her. After all, they are just all normal kids ://// Hell, even adults find it difficult to stand for/with someone. Honestly, my biggest frustration is Erich but I need to remember that he’s basically 8 (just about?).

Thank you for the update. It ripped my heart out but I’m still thankful for the translation

Dex-chan lover
So after her mother died she still had her own house and a bed, how did she end up on the streets?
And I feel no sympathy for this grown adult, she already knows Eugene wouldn't agree to send her to an orphanage and that the aunt is twisted, why is she letting anything that woman say affect her? I almost thought she was using her brain when she said it was strange they were separated so much, thinking maybe she'd piece together what Cabel said about not receiving the letters and someone telling him terrible things to clearly separate them on purpose but no she just runs off crying after saying she hates them??

Dex-chan lover
A this point, it's not even about the brothers. I just want to see Aunt Umbridge get some satisfying comeuppance.

The sad thing is, you really, really can't blame Hari for her little funk here. Her brothers, especially Erich, have given her no reason to think that they'd even care if she died. And as kinda abusive as they were, her brothers filled a hole in her heart where a loving family should be, so she stuck with it to the point of developing a different complex.

It really is most frustrating with Erich. Because while he's just being an immature kid with a perfectly reasonable response, it's also such a bratty response that's almost single-handedly making this situation go from bad to unmanageable.

Edit: Okay, wow. A lot of people are more hung up on her mental age than I expected. It really isn't that complicated. If anything, this chapter drives in why she's like this more than ever before.

The bottom line is that she honestly can't communicate with her brothers, because they've mostly done nothing but given her shit and her most predominant memory with them is probably still them repeatedly telling her that they don't accept her, she's not their sister, and that she doesn't belong in their family. And we're talking two childhood's worth of that.
Stop expecting her to be some brilliant scheming noblewoman in a child's body, because it's been made abundantly clear that the first time around, she didn't have a chance to properly mature or even communicate with anyone. The main difference from her going back in time is a greater self-awareness and it's evening the playing field, not giving her an advantage.

Even if she's an adult in a child's body words can still hurt you either way. She knows her brothers are not fond of her and already feels like an outsider so having this said to her is another blow and push in that direction.

...She is an ADULT. Yes, there is past trauma, but what does that have to do with her going to Eugene? She is not a child. She hasn't even TRIED talking to them. She demanded they eat with her and when they refused SHE had the childish reaction. The ONLY reason this bothers me is that they went so far out of their way to establish this as a reincarnation series and yet that aspect adds NOTHING to the proceedings. She hasn't used her knowledge of past events at all. She just suffering while letting others suffer as well.

thanks i love crying

@Psychronia this 100%. growing up to adulthood doesn't guarantee the equivalent mental aging, especially in a situation where she said she was constantly getting harassed/rejected (to a waaaay worse degree than anything we've seen the brothers do, she just nipped it in the bud this time). and she's said herself multiple times that her impression of her past life was that they never thought of her as family. i would hardly think her living to an older age in her past life means that past traumas/things that hurt her suddenly don't hurt anymore. if anything it'll hurt because she's facing them head on this time instead of passively just trying to live.

Idk I actually find this realistic. Think about it. She lived through shit in the first timeline and felt unloved from beginning to end. Even when she and the eldest bro were on at least amiable terms, she still never felt like a she had a family. Now for whatever reason she's forced to relive everything again, basically bringing back old forgotten wounds and retraumatizing her to those feelings of abandonment. Although her and the bros + parents were able to see some temporary peace for a while, it doesn't erase everything she's been through nor the feelings of insecurity. And at the current age she is now, she knows she basically can't do anything without adding more trauma to her brothers' lives. One is being harassed by adults (his oem family at that) and being forced to take on a huge responsibility while still protectint his remaining family, the other blames himself for his parents death, and the youngest thinks his world is falling apart again after both the death of his twin and now his parents. Clearly she can't really drastically change shit as shown by the eventual death of the parents, that she tried to prevent. Maybe she just feels like no matter what, she's stuck in this lonely, mistreated cycle even though the reality of it rn is a little different. Not to mention, from the looks of it, she never even got to voice out her resentment in her first life. She just stood there and took it. This is probs also her emotions just brimming over.

NEXT CHAPTER! RIGHT THIS INSTANT!
I need to see that stupid Aunt get her punishment in the next chapter! ;_;

Okay, c'mon, I adore the fact that she isn't being all "oh I know how to instantly solve this" and boom changes everything like some super genius adult. She's become more mature, not superhuman. A lot has changed from the past.

Before, she wouldn't even be able to complain you know. She was treated horribly, and she just had to put up with it. This time, there's actual hope that she could get along but it's going downhill. It'd be stranger if she didn't get upset about it, because it was a huge trauma for her. I'm not going to go into it cuz there's a bunch of great arguments below that have the same point as me.

Point is, just let her be, nobody's capable of suddenly solving everything just like that. Second life, or not.

Anyways, I love this story so much, can't wait for the next chapter! Thanks for the update <3

Users who are viewing this thread