Beware of the Brothers! - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

This is one of the most real and heartfelt stories I've ever read. I like a good fantasy novel but this is something different. It's not meant to have an overpowered mc, and you can actually feel Hari's constant battle with this life of hers. I love it.

Also what's with y'all being so hung up with her being older mentally. It doesn't change the fact she's a human being, who craves for love and care, and who, on top of that, has been abused for 20 years straight and has to revive them again. This isn't meant to be a story where the MC knows all the story already and has superpowers.

Aggregator gang
I wanna see what the people who complained about how Hari didn't do anything to help the brothers would say after reading this chapter.

Poor Hari! What a horrible woman that aunt is! She better get ripped to shreds soon!

Thank you for the new chapter.

Aggregator gang
It's not fucking realistic. Stop spouting that nonsense. One thing is to desire a connection even though previously her brothers didn't care about her.
Nah... It's a waste of time to discuss it.
IMO It's just badly written for a cheap drama with a sprinkle of real life problems.

Ive seen series handle issues like this much worse and frankly I dont mind the flaws in this series because I can still enjoy it. People act like this is so terrible but we all know we have read and continue to read worse. I dont like when something that is clearly above average gets seen as in the same line as literal garbage tier series with shit pacing and terrible characters. Idk people drop stuff for the dumbest reason and while its their right and opinion I just dislike how dense people can be to themes and subtle details. All you need to do is put yourself in the characters shoes and truly try to understand what it is their thinking. Ive been re watching AoT and a lot of the comments suffer from the same issues. Oh well just a rant.

Fed-Kun's army
people who think her not doing anything as a physical child have brainrot and are probably the same people that think that children crying in a theater during a screening of toy story 4 is gaslighting. that venn diagram meets in the middle and its these people.

Anyone that says she isn't acting like an adult isn't looking at the bigger picture. From arguments about her lack of confrontation, these people are basically implying that an adult is someone that can confidently overcome their traumas just because they've dealt with them before. Hari isn't acting how a "proper adult" would because she is traumatized and is forced to relive the same 20 years of insecurity she had to face before. People seem to also miss the fact that her adoptive parents died despite her trying to prevent their accident. To Hari, if she tried to fight against the aunt it would just be a fruitless effort because she doesn't believe she has the power to change the future. Especially so after dealing with the death of her adoptive parents for the second time.

This isn't a simple "she should act smarter because she is mentally older" story; this is a story about her overcoming the fears she thought she would be able to endure. If she easily fought against the aunt, this wouldn't make the story interesting as there is no proper character development shown in the story. She would basically be the same as every other time travel-character; her story would lack any character uniqueness. Time travel and mentally older characters does not equal character development.

Of course, I'm not saying that these type of "time travel" characters are inherently bad but it gets repetitive when they overcome their problems without showing how they got the clearer mindset and will to fight back to begin with. This is what makes BotB! have a unique plot and character -- you are forced to see the main character reliving the lowest moments and feelings in her life and watch her struggle. The point isn't that she should simply just overcome the trauma but rather that she (and readers) need to understand where the trauma stems from. It isn't until she can realize why she feels these fears that she can fight them.

Group Leader
That panels where her brothers mouth were gaping seeing her face was kinda funny

I’m 20 and when I feel powerless, I still cry sometimes. People’s words still hurt me even if I know it isn’t true :((

I’m crying oceans right now- I swear I feel what the characters are feeling-

I am reading the comments and some of you guys are sure harsh towards Hari.

I honestly think this was one heartfelt chapter that really brought me to tears. I think it is perfectly fine that Hari felt so much pain from the situation. Imagine going through a childhood of loneliness and non-acceptance, never knowing what people think of you, twice at that. It can break down anyone, and Hari isn't an amazing mature adult. She grew up in pain and she had to go through that pain twice with the awareness of surviving another timeline of the same thing. She doesn't expect love the second time but remembering the past and the present made her realize how much she yearned for the loneliness to go away and to simply be love by the people around her.

Otherwise, thank you for the translation of the new chapter! Hope to read the next one soon cuz I can't take it anymore lol. :))

Users who are viewing this thread