Beware the Villainess! - Vol. 1 Ch. 58

Damn, hiatus 😭

Personally I don't agree that Jake's change was sudden.
He got to experience first hand how terrifying it feels to be stalked and "protected" without wishing for it or actually hoping it doesn't happen at all. That was all during the hunting arc.
Then everyone went to save Yuri and he got abandoned for a while. He had plenty of time for self reflection and repentance. Melissa told him upfront how terrible his behaviour was, his beloved weapon got destroyed, he was left alone, confused and defenseless. And all due to his own choices.
So...the maturity makes sense.
However, him being nice to Melissa makes less sense, and I'm inclined to believe that there's another outside influence behind that.🤔

Oh well, we won't know more until season 2, it's all speculation 😅

Dex-chan lover
i fucking knew it, the fucking gods are reshaping the personalities of the characters! they're noticing Melissa's deviation from the plot!

Dex-chan lover
Has Melissa so broken the plot that the other characters now have a chance to change their fates as well? neat.

I think the god/deity/author/being thing that talked to the blondie girl is making Melissa the female lead because blondie wasn't doing her job. Now this probably means that the male lead characters will now pursue her. I think these MLs are more of inanimated or puppets controlled by the deity thing hence their unreasonable awful personality and the sudden change.

Welp, whatever it may be, I shall wait for the next season. Thank you for translatiing ❤️❤️

@sylvacoer I think instead changing their fates, her fate as vilainess is changing to heroine and that's why the guys are being good to her.

Dex-chan lover
Um, are people who say "they are good to her because she's the heroine now" really understanding the point of the story so far? They were awful to Yuri because she was the heroine. Their toxic behavior was meant to be "romance" trope. So if Melissa were the target now, with all else being equal, it'd just be her the target of their crap instead of Yuri, but it'd still be the same negative characters.

Liu

Noo!!!
After "Death is the only ending for the Villainess", this one's also on a halt, preparing for the next season!
I'm really happy these stories are getting enough attention to go for another season, but I'm really sad I have to wait for them xD

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the new chapter and I'm surprised we are shifting to a new season so soon. Well Melissa's OG soul did say that one of her regrets was that she was no longer as close with Jake as she used to be so this could be part of that also he's in a vulnerable state and is just looking for something else to cling to as well as a new gun. It also looks like the entity that has been "guiding" Yuri is now either going to confront Melissa over her actions or try to get her to "behave" or it wants to observe her more closely after the event with Nine's brother. Though I honestly think this may somehow tie into the history of the setting regarding the war wage between the humans and the demons and that great mage that somehow nullified the demons.

uh-oh... was that 'white floaty thing' at the end the "spirit of the game"? did it notice melissa's 'improvements'? i smell some trouble coming her way...

Users who are viewing this thread