Biryuu Enshoutan ~Jikokouteikan ga Gekitei na Dragon-kyuu Bishoujo Maou o, Yuusha ga Icharabu de Taijisuru Ohanashi~ - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
What kind of god that sword was coming from?
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see this is getting regular updates now, especially since the story is becoming rather interesting.

Was curious so I took a look at the raws, didn't read anything on them, but was surprised that it's already up to 53 with a release every two weeks. Considering the type of story this started as I'm a bit surprised.

Double-page supporter
I feel like whatsherface knight girl is accepting it all a bit too easily? Instantly agreeing with the demon lord last chapter instead of sticking to "no the mind control magic was totally you" is one thing but this chapter it's practically collapsing the entire religious (& to a lesser extend historical) part of her worldview and she's just like "damn that's wild". Mirio at least has the excuse of having interacted with the demon lord and love/horny.

I feel like whatsherface knight girl is accepting it all a bit too easily? Instantly agreeing with the demon lord last chapter instead of sticking to "no the mind control magic was totally you" is one thing but this chapter it's practically collapsing the entire religious (& to a lesser extend historical) part of her worldview and she's just like "damn that's wild". Mirio at least has the excuse of having interacted with the demon lord and love/horny.
Well, she seems intelligent. It’s just process of elimination. Someone or something was clearly using mind manipulating magic.

During their travels her necklace would constantly warn her of mind manipulation magic. The hero can’t really use magic and the necklace isn’t going off in the presence of just the demon lord. The only logical conclusion would be one of the only other magical items the “Holy” sword.

As for breaking her world view. I don’t think she trusts the demon lord much yet. She’s was definitely questioning her worldview though, once the demon lord didn’t pounce right after learning the sword is missing. Who better to tell you the real history of the world than someone who’s lived through it for thousands of years

Dex-chan lover
..... Yep. The god in this world is most definitely a bastard of the highest order.

I'm calling it right now: The energy from those souls broken down in their Hell doesn't really go back into the world. I'm betting it becomes "food" for this so-called god.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I see the sword:
It has a fucking eye on it and the hilt looks like flesh and sinews.
How the hell was that considered anything but demonic?

Dex-chan lover
I mean when she first thought the 'hero' was actually a sociopathic scum of a human who enslaved the demon lord, would you question what God was thinking having picked such a person as the hero? Though small, that's probably the first time she doubted God's judgement, and if faith has some play in their powers of influence, then that hold may grow weaker the more holes she finds in God's judgement as she observed Mirio and Ivelle.

Now using the hero, who was probably at most a decent person from the start, as a vessel for God to not only enact revenge but also break down the demon lord into total submission before eliminating her completely and getting a kick out of it in the process? That seems more likely for why the hero's behavior seems so far different than it was originally.

Users who are viewing this thread