Blue Hearts

Dex-chan lover
seems like it was a good idea i didn’t read this lol

hate rapey bullshit

I Love this story for now 😍
I hope that you can continue about MC and Seto's Story 😆

The gangbang thing just ruined it for me, regardless of the bad characters and stupid logic. Not interested anymore, dropped.

Group Leader
This series has received quite the flak quite early and is positively shit on. and if you've read the comments below you might see some recurring themes in the comments below and you're in doubt about whether or not hear me out.

Rape -> bad. Yes, rape is a very easy and cheap way to progress the story, but with proper execution it can actually be good (see: Goblin Slayer). And yet this failed at it, horribly. It did progress the story (a little) and deepen one, just one, character. It felt out of place and forced. She (
Seto
) did something bad (
two-timing
) and in my opinion, was enough to convey that her life is a mess to the point that she would do drastic things (
suicide
). Rape was not needed in this, it only created an unnecessary stake in the story.

MC is a one-dimensional nuisance. Just like Re:LIFE we were introduced to a dysfunctional main character, and I think the author tried to do the same thing but tried to introduce him in a slower but more natural pace, and for the first 14 chapters, we were stuck with a nosy, delinquent-type MC showing off all his rough edges but only recently is his character being built up. So it turns out, there's more to him that what I thought of originally.

Overall, the rape scene was a mistake, but if you're willing to move past it, the series actually shows promise. I still think that Yayoi Sou can still create a relatable and homey Slice of Life that has the RE:Life feel and I think it's too early to judge the currently undeveloped and one-dimension cast the series has.

Despite all the hate by the soys regarding rape, its actually good. It was inserted in early to build up the character, and somehow make things progress for them as a whole.

Dex-chan lover
lol you dont use rape to build character unless you are a shit author

if you dont like something due to your personal preference, then dont read it. Kindly stop there. No need to rub it off on everyone's face and act like your all mighty about your proper one ( im not saying liking these kinds of plot is the proper one or anything for me or anyone who liked the plot ). Dont get too heated about something fictional.

I think that describing such situations is very good. And it is quite real behavior of the girl, because a lot of people just do not admit what happened to them because they are afraid of how they will later be perceived. It is in every country not only in Japan.
If someone thinks differently, unfortunately, but still lives in the belief that everything goes perfectly in life, that there are no problems in such situations. There are people who immediately report, but unfortunately many young people are afraid to report crimes.

Life is not just beautiful and peaceful. The author in his works raises very important topics, both now and earlier in "Relife".

She wants to show the problems of society and youth, to make a change. If we do not talk about the problem, it will not solve by itself.

I think that describing such situations is very good. And it is quite real behavior of the girl, because a lot of people just do not admit what happened to them because they are afraid of how they will later be perceived.

Perfectly true. However, I personally do not find this story doing that. The situation is ongoing as of this writing, but if the plan is
beat the shit out of the abusers and delete the data on their phones
, then how is this helping anyone (
"Oh no, I got beat up by her friends! I definitely won't take out my anger and frustration on the victim by escalating my abuse, or enlist friends to return the favor, or pay a little visit to her friends with weapons in tow, or..."
)? It's pure fantasy dressed up as an edgy situation, which reads like a cheap attempt to quickly gain sympathy for some really unlikeable characters.

Re:Life admittedly did a great job of starting with characters who were kind of one-dimensional and off-putting, and turning them into people you care about. But it also resorted to fewer cheap theatrics in general, which is I think why people like myself are disappointed.

Realistically and responsibly dealing with difficult topics like abusive relationships, lack of reporting, and so forth is an incredibly worthwhile endeavor. I just don't think Blue Hearts has achieved it so far. YMMV.

Glad to see the meta has been updated to more accurately depict what this story is about, though. The discrepancy between what I expected (a "bittersweet coming of age story") and the reality ("Oh hey, let's get rape-y!") was the source of a lot of my ire for this one (and the main reason I posted here initially).

want my time back and might have to purge this mangaka from my search engine in the future for using such a half assed troupe.

Hmmm, I can sort of understand why this series has taken a lot of flak and dislike. The sexual violence scene and how it is treated in the story obviously is not to everyone's tastes, so I get why the rating is rather low, considering the fact that this is made by the same author that made ReLife.

For me though, I think it's good.

Some sayers below mention that the character involved could have gone to the police or something, but if you read and try to find any rape stories in real life, you may be surprised to find that the circumstances like the one depicted in this manga really happen. There is a bit of psychological and emotional issues involved in any rape cases, and I cannot explain in detail about it, but I think the author really delivers in this part. Of course, it's not to everyone's tastes, but for me the author is quite brave to depict it as it is.

Although again, since it's a manga, there's a limit to how far the depiction could go. I believe the depiction here is as good as it can be.

I am a bit pissed because I feel like the author have beaten me again to writing the kind of stories that I wanted to write. It happened with ReLife, and it happens again with this series. I guess I have to keep learning from this author.

Btw, I personally think that the author has a good setup for future stories. So, I'm looking forward to it.

Because everyone is a soy and cant handle reading contents like these. Honestly, this site should just automatically hide series with sexual violence tags so the people who doesnt like it wont even learn about it unless they search for it themselves (and still rage about it because theyre dumb shits)

Users who are viewing this thread