Blue Lock - Vol. 12 Ch. 103 - Total Sensory Experience

@RaijinWolf The way I imagined it was that the "flow" state allowed Isagi to act without having to think. His predictions are based on his observations and reading the other players. Previously he had to do it consciously which takes time and constantly leaves Isagi one step behind due to his weak physical abilities (compared to the monsters in blue lock). The "flow" state boosts his concentration which allows him to do those calculations and predictions on a more subconscious level allowing him to "move before thinking" putting him ahead or at least on pace with everybody else.

Also, I assume his flow state was broken because the game ended. I have had short periods of what I think of as flow. It happened when put under a high pressure situation. These are very much Jesus take the wheel moments because my brain can't keep up with what I am doing anymore, acting on instinct and not conscious thought. My best example would be clutching in Counter Strike. The flow state ends immediately after the round ends where I breath a sigh of relief and relax. IDK might just be a period of hyper focus though. Rarely do I enter a flow state for more then a minute or two.

@cfusion25 After a bit of thought, I'm thinking that It's highly likely the duration is tailored to the patterns of the person. Depending on what I'm doing, the flow state will last anywhere from ten minutes(gaming) to a an hour or two(writing). I can only enter hyperfocus for anything outside those boundaries.

As an aside, a good way to differentiate between hyperfocus and flow is to remember how you felt during it. Flow is - without exaggeration - probably the closest most will get to euphoria without doing drugs. Hyperfocus on the other hand, feels...cold. There's no enjoyment, or excitement, just an all-encompassing drive. Most times, you will know if it was hyperfocus, because you won't feel good coming out of it like with flow.

If I had to simplify: Flow is losing yourself in the moment, hyperfocus is losing yourself in the task. The former is healthy and can lead to great work habits, the latter easily leads to the opposite.

So basically Isagi will make his prediction ability a part of himself. Basically Ultra Instinct.

@thegentelman I think the other 2 were closer to where the ball would land and just positioned themselfs to receive it. Isagi on the other hand sprinted there and got to the ball first.

Dex-chan lover
@RaijinWolf Regarding "Instead, Isagi's increase in skill seemingly comes from entering the flow state itself, rather than reaching the flow state after improving.":

Rather than him gaining more skill by entering the flow state, I think it's more that he's applying his developed skill (honed by all his observations and all his practice) much more efficiently by entering the flow state. At least, I relate to this situation where there's a sort of internal battle between the drive to "overintellectualize" the situation and think in terms of these speakable concepts ... versus just looking directly at the situation and trying to see as much as possible and respond to what you're seeing in an instinctive way.

Like, yes, it's (probably) not especially possible to enter a flow state with something that you have very little experience with, so experience and ability and practice are all extremely important. My understanding of flow is that it's what lets you apply all that experience more perfectly in the moment. Isagi's lack of flow (because of his fixation with his exact speakable theories) was holding him back. He dived into the moment and was able to more fully (more quickly, more accurately) apply his abilities and instincts. That's how I interpret it, anyway.

(Aside: I do wonder if flow is actually also possible in situations that you aren't super familiar with, as sort of a learning method, rather than flow only being accessible by someone who is doing something they're very familiar with. That interpretation (that it's only possible if you're already very experienced) has always rubbed me the wrong way a bit, but I'm not sure.)

flow state I think is something you can achieve when you have natural ability for something which becomes second nature to you or put in a lot of effort and practice until it becomes a part of who you are. Freestyle pure freestyle dancers are able to get into this and as an observer, you get chills just observing. I got into this stage sometimes but it is quite draining and really hard to remember how you got into it once you leave it. It is also a very emotional blank out stage.

Only bad thing about that chapter is that ITS TOO DAMN SHORT LIKE HOW CAN U CUT ME OFF AT SUCH HYPE MOMENT 😭

Isagi unlocks a new ability! I hope he masters that state and then be more stronger than the top players! Can't wait!

Dex-chan lover
"My physical capabilities won't make it"
*Some kinda flow magic made him move faster*
Nigga what? Swear we're slowly moving toward Kuroko no Basket power level creep now.

Finally! 🔥🔥🔥
Now my boi better not go back to being trash in a couple of chapters smh.

Fed-Kun's army
Wonder what happen if Isagi not the one get the ball first. Will Rin and Shidou crash again. I see Rin have been trying to avoid crash with Shidou.
But to get to this state Isagi need to thank Hiori. If he is not in this team and not choose to gave him advice then he can’t found his last piece in this match.

Users who are viewing this thread