Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 27 - Baptism

Oh man the ending with him on the edge of the train platform had my heart in my throat.

Also the rating just passed Frieran

Double-page supporter
Interestingly, when I went to an art school at 24 I was surrounded by people 4 to 5 years younger than me, coming out of high school, and I felt the same way as he did. So many of them had so much personality showing through their art, so much knowledge I didn't have while I was older.
Good thing about the art world is that it's not competitive, people share their experience and knowledge. In this kind of environment, a good chunk of your growth comes from your classmates, oddly enough.

Dammit I cannot wait until I see this animated, so beautiful. That imposter syndrome is wild

Group Leader
he'll be fine. this dude always gets knocked down and bounces back. it's a question he needed to be asked. so far, he's basically only considered "getting good at art" and not "doing art that he wants to do." he's already made a solid foundation and now he just needs to learn where to take it. plenty of time, dude's 18.

@Yoshikazuuu you are being a troll. every single scanlation team uses all caps for dialogue. go read the official english if it bothers you, oh wait, they use all caps too.

Dex-chan lover
Oh fuck that Yatora at the end is pretty fucking real. This manga continue to be great.

Also I hoped the translator take their time to ensure their release's quality. So many great manga become unpopular (in the english-speaking world at least) and/or had it's quality diminished because of shitjob translation...

Thanks for your wonderful work as always! This is such a high-quality manga and I really appreciate that the scanlation team's work does it justice. I understand the feeling of being impatient for more of a manga I love, but I'd much rather you take the time you need to work on this properly and go at a pace where you can sustain the work and not get burnt out and end up going on long hiatus or dropping it. Thanks again!

Jesus this hit hard. And that reveal on page 30 really makes you wonder when talking about comparisons to other people who know what they want to do already in real life. Another banger of a chapter and I hope to see it back on the top 10.

I like how in the end you wrote "no homo" even though most of Yatora's class aren't straight (have you ever seen an art school with a straight majority? As an art student I haven't). Still, I love this manga so much!! It's really realistic - the only problem I had with this manga is how they are too focused with oil painting, even though these days, artists usually are using more than one medium, but this chapter fixed it! (though I'm still looking for Yaguchi's reaction to seeing a video art/performance art/installation). One of my favorite manga of all times! And for the group - even though I'd like to see it more often (well, when I say more often I mean everyday which is pretty unrealistic, especially since it's releasing once in a month in Japanese, I just love it so much), you're doing a great job scanlating it and I truly appreciate it! You're all amazing! I wish I could help you somehow but I don't know anything about scanlations (and from what I saw it seemed you were looking mainly for translators). If you will look for anything like a cleaner or a typesetter, I really want to learn how to do it one day, so I might be able to help in a way :D
Thanks a lot!

Dex-chan lover
Haha, isn't it great to be torn apart and realize your own inadequecy haha....aaaa....

God this hits way too close to home. The part with him thinking that he's just a kid, nodding to stuff he doesnt understand? I felt a lump in my throat, I've been in his shoes before. The first time I've ever faced a class critique for my design(architecture major). My classmates are all so talented and well spoken, their intentions shining through their design and then there I was who could barely describe what I made. But the good thing about art is you can grow if you just keep at it and Im excited to see Yatora's growth as well

Thank you so much for the group who brought us this scanlation.

Users who are viewing this thread