Blue Period

@konzolmester mostly because it's realistic. The detalisation level of a creative person's mind flow is significant. This makes the manga both unique among others ongoing, and useful to anyone struggling to to master their creative field. It's a story of successes provided not just by hard work, but also by opening one's mind. Unlike many, this manga shows the hard work from inside, not just tells you it happened.
This manga got me tons of self-belief fuel for completing my works.

@weisst I read far more realistic mangas than this, to the point of it being depressing and self reflecting. I read mangas a little over 15 years now, I'd say I'm quite versatile in genres, and I still fail to see this deserving spotlight. I think it has more to do with politically correctness. Every manga has an audience of course.

@Imkindasad the original translators dropped the work and another scanlation team picked it up a while after but they already have several ongoing series that are their main focus such as blue lock. updates have always been slow tho, so you’ll get used to it

@smolbaka @irumacchis It's funny though especially knowing that those type of people don't even count for 0.5% of the anime community. Also wtf it's obvious that weirdo who changed the page uses pronouns or some sh*t, it's possibly cause they want a self insert in an anime.

Banned
@taffyx30

Japan has such a different set of values. The psychological identity of a fictional character isn't one of them.
Heck, I'm willing to say the japanese don't even think about this much as the west does.

It's all here in the west where we seem to think a person's skin, identity, and sex is more important than the content of their character.

I mean, you've seen it right? All over media headlines and shit.

I guess you can't give crossdressing boys any sort of deep archetype. Like having insecurities about themselves and or feeling depressed or lonely. (As I've seen people argued this was the reason yuka is trans/non binary)

Otherwise they'll feel "relatable" to that character and try to self insert their special snowflake gender identity.

Aggregator gang
Never a manga have made me think I've been reading it for several hours but in reality I was like just 5 chapters in.

excellent work.

@smolbaka @taffyx30 yeah people forcing their headcanons on you and then getting mad when you follow the original is a pain in the ass. it’s like that in the danganronpa fandom too. or many with a crossdresser. you’ll even seen people calling the femboy shota, akira, in kemono jihen a she when he literally cries and says he’s a dude. the wiki thing is annoying but people shouldn’t count on fandom edited wikis anyway since they’re always wrong unless they’re only done with one team (like enstars/tale of food)

Banned
@irumacchis

With characters like akira you'd think they'd leave him alone since he literally says he's a boy.

I'm more worried about otokonoko characters that don't state the obvious like that.

@smolbaka you’d be surprised by how hardheaded people get. chihiro calls himself a guy yet there’s several arguments a week about his gender like it’s not in the game. people will force representation where there isn’t and won’t look for it where it really is.

Banned
@irumacchis

Yeah I've also seen arguments on how hideri from blend s is trans.

They'll even take gags and jokes as a smoking gun to say "SEE SHE'S TRANS I KNEW IT"

This referring to hideri instantly rushing to the girls restroom to "pick some flowers" before getting caught by miu with her luffy arms

It's pathetic.

@irumacchis @smolbaka from what I see when the anime airs and is really popular most guys will be against the 'trans' part, so the 'trans' fans will get mad and call for non-anime lgbt supporters to help them causing an outrage and possibly having death threats sent to the author.

I'm excited to see where this is going, after the latest chapter I'm wondering if
he's gonna stick with the art school or regress back into a delinquent

@OffYourTopic

I expect the latter
by lying to his previous friends (as they're all good people who would try to encourage him) until one of the people he's befriended since starting art, likely Takahashi or Ryuji, pulls him back.

Users who are viewing this thread