Boku Girl

Dex-chan lover
Oh god, finally managed to trudge until the end. I give this a 3/10. Be warned, his bestie and the side characters are... disturbing.

Short review below:
Art: 7/10. Cute and sexy!
Story: 4/10. Just average, but had some hilarious and surprising developments. Would've been a 6/10, but it's ruined by...
Characters: 2/10. Has one of the worst (side) characters I've ever seen in a manga. Aside from the MC, his crush, his bro, and that one decent guy who confessed to him/her, almost everyone is annoying as fuck and/or touchy-feely creeps. Without these characters and/or their creepy actions (especially those two perverts... and the MC's own dad), this manga would've been so much better. It's almost impressive how the author managed to make a lot of hateable characters. The male main romantic interest became creepy too. Almost no development at all for most characters especially for Loki, the instigator of all this.

The people in this manga are absolutely retarded, im so damn tired of these forced "thick headed kawaii uguuu" characters. 2/10

As soon as the obligatory loli-god makes her entrance to "Midgard", my interest tanked and I skipped around, maybe half of the manga.
But, the pairing is kino even if the (really) annoying Yamada character blueballed that one chapter. Great if you turn on your tunnel vision and only pay attention to genderbend hijinks and Takeru x Mizuki.
Even the "oh gee, maybe I was only admiring her and I didn't really like-like her" stuff was nice, as nothing beats established relationships.
All the other characters...pass. I find wacky casts full of background goofs detract from romance plots, but maybe I'm getting too old for that kind of comedic appeal.
Either way, give it a go, and if you find yourself losing interest, just skip to Ch85 and finish from there. You're really not going to miss anything that they won't explain again.

A comfort story for me. I like this manga a lot. It has a lot of weaknesses (esp the secondary characters) but no matter what and no matter how many times I read it, I just love this story too much. I relate to Mizuki a lot, too, that might help haha
Still tho. As some put it before, I didn't say it was good, I said I liked it ;)

Dex-chan lover
Came back reread it again now I remember why I love this manga.
10/10 Masterpiece

Yeah, that was certainly something I read. Two sittings for this was a ride for sure. I had fun, but I also didn't feel it was the greatest? idk maybe I'm salty my pairing didn't happen and that it took Mizuki 107 chapters to realize she was a girl. So yeah, good, not my fave, but definitely a read I had fun with.

My first ever 10/10. The pacing was too good at times, the story was amazing and I am happy about the resolution. I connected, and felt the anxiety the protagonist had (might just be a me thing)I felt more connected to the protagonist than any story or in any form of entertainment I have seen. At many times the writing was so good I’d skip to the end of the chapter just to see the resolution (kinda regret doing that now bc spoilers). This is a masterpiece. Overall it’s entertaining and out of them many anime’s and manga’s(mangas, manga’s?) I’ve seen this is the best. I will now reread this piece of art. (And yes their might be faults in the story, but overall it was entertaining and relatable and isn’t that all we can ask from a story?)

It was good but it started to get kinda boring during the 80+ chapters because the flags were getting drawn out but if your wondering if you should read it's a definite yes and it has some really hilarious chapters that had me laughing like an idiot like chapter 29! won't go into anymore details

I read a lot of manga and even have over 100 tabs on my chrome but this manga was by far the best and most memorable manga that i've ever read. Truly a masterpiece during this age. It was hilarious but when the plot took a serious turn, you could really feel the intensity and the romance was also a great part of it that made it a great read. Would read again anytime anywhere.

I'm surprised yamada hasn't gotten dragonrot from the amount of times he's died XD

Dex-chan lover
honestly this manga was a disappointment. thought they would break the mold by actually approaching the topic of his gender and his sexuality separately by the end. nope, boring usual bullshit of "you must be male to be with the girl love interest" or "you must be female to be with the boy love interest"... manga as a medium disappoints yet again... why did i expect any more than this garbage lmao

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what to call it, but I hate the kind of people like @tsuyukihime

if you understand what I'm getting at could you explain?

@googoober It might be that you hate one of two types of these people:
1. Person who complains about mainstream content and labels content as garbage because it’s mainstream
2. Person who says “there should be more creativity,” then proceeds to say “it should’ve been like this or this, rather than that”
Although I agree with @tsuyukihime about this particular manga, the way they phrased their complaints... who knows, MangaDex comment sections aren’t exactly the best measure of someone’s character.

Dex-chan lover
I know I said the right thing when I get comments like @googoober and @doggo12

Manga fans, in my experience/in general, consistently display a complete lack of understanding of the nuance between gender and sexuality. All this manga does is serve to reinforce the notion that "there can only be heterosexual relationships, so if you want to date a certain gender you must be the opposite gender". It's a cop out to me to do so, and it's heteronormative, not that I expect anyone here to understand why that's significant and why it makes this particular manga and its plot/ending shitty and contrived.

Keep replying to my comments, lads, you're only proving me right.

Yeah so see, here’s the perfect example of someone who says “it should be more creative,” then proceeds to say “it should go like this or this, rather than that,” @googoober. And again, MangaDex comment sections aren’t a good measure of someone’s character, so I won’t judge you @tsuyukihime. Though, I’d advise you to read through both of our comments a little more carefully next time and see where you stand after your latest comment...

Users who are viewing this thread