Boku no Ikezu na Konyakusha - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
It's ok.

That's about it.

(In this sea of endless, garbage, slop finding a series that is just okay becomes peak quality)

Dex-chan lover
Yet another manga conflict that could be solved with 5 minutes of discussion

Aggregator gang
Ah yes. Im gonna justify visiting to a maid cafe to my friends that it’s basically going to a modern day geisha show! Brilliant!

Dex-chan lover
MC has the stereotypical romcom MC easy-to-self-insert weakass phsyical strength but at least stood up to defend his fiance. I can smell the drama subplot from a mile away but for what its worth it seems to be digestible.

Dex-chan lover
Stupid miscommunication romances?

Fy7x_u0aQAAVJ2M.jpg:large

Aggregator gang
Choko vibes until the last couple of pages but whatever, I'm in.

Ah, Kyoto people, the true and real tsundere who their intentions are hidden by their flowery language. Their tatemae (face mask) is at godly level that they can't talk with human anymore.... Just kidding, I don't really know them, but if you ever stumbled to soranews24 about Kyoto people, dang they are really scary! We won't know if a praise is really a praise!

Some of the tatemae Kyoto-level from that site:

Take the comment “You’ve got a really nice watch“, for example. While most people might feel flattered by such a compliment, if it’s someone from Kyoto saying that to you, you might want to think again because that’s Kyoto-speak for “This conversation has gone on too long.

... Sacko recalled that after holding a few parties for friends at his apartment, some of his Japanese neighbors commented that they were envious of how cheerful Sacko and his friends were when they got together. Seeing an opportunity to bring his neighbors into this happy circle of acquaintances, Sacko said they should join him and his friends sometime in the future.
However, at Sacko’s next party it wasn’t his neighbors who showed up, but the police, responding to a noise complaint from those very same neighbors.
Yes, the subtle implication behind “You and your friends seem to have so much fun at your parties” was actually “We can hear you and your friends having fun at your parties, even if we’re inside our own homes,” and by extension “Keep it down!”

If you’re living in Kyoto, and an old lady from your neighborhood says, “You’re really getting better at playing the piano,” what is the proper response?
In many cultures, a simple, “Thank you,” would suffice. Remembering the value of modesty in Japan, though, many would argue that accepting the compliment is too bold, and that what you should say instead is something along the lines of, “No, not at all. I’ve still got a lot to learn.”
According to the commenter who posed the question, though, neither one of these is correct. Actually, what you say isn’t even really important, because the proper course of action is to stop playing your piano so loudly.

... there’s even one for the mailbox that reads: “I apologise for only having a small letterbox. Sorry for your trouble.”
As you may have guessed, this is not a humble apology for the size of the mailbox. What it really means is: “Don’t stuff my mailbox with unnecessary flyers.

At the entrance to the home you can post this sticker, which reads, “Welcome. My, my, you’re dressed in your Sunday Best — have you been to Lake Biwa?
Don’t be fooled by the kind smile and flattery — what she means to say is: “Don’t enter this establishment in unkempt clothes.

Finally, we have a message for the dining area: “Did you know? You don’t have to slurp soba noodles in Kyoto for them to be delicious.” The true meaning here is: “Don’t be a noisy eater.

And my favorite that I learnt from an eroge:
Zooming in on Kyoto -- where the word for ochazuke is bubuzuke --, I've found several traditions concerning ochazuke. One tradition was/is this: the dish is offered to guests at the meal's end, not so much as a course as a message: go home. I've read that today, in Kyoto if someone wants his or her guest to leave, he or she asks if the guest wants ochazuke, and the guest is supposed to take the hint and make his or her goodbyes.

Oh this is one of those frustrating romcom manga. Alright strap in guys. Bravo six, going dark.

Group Leader
Whoa, a miscommunication that could've been solved by... getting the ring adjusted. Wow, what a painful, long, arduous task that would be to do.

"Yes, this is a story between two people who love eachother but are absolute dumbass overthinking buffoons" is what i would say if i was the narrator lol

Dex-chan lover
This is cute. I'm invested. I think heroines that have malevolent auras or dispositions are underrated. The gap is good.

Dex-chan lover
There's a 90% chance that this is going to be 90% misunderstandings ALL THE TIME.

I say this because they ALREADY love each other, so the ONLY way the author can drag the story is by adding 10 misunderstanding per chapter from now on....

Honestly I think this will likely fall very flat on the floor but I hope I'm wrong, we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread