Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 45

@Vverg no idea why would moderation flag my comment.
6 releases sounds a bit too grand when 3 of them are volume covers and extras, each ~3 pages long, including credit pages.

Dex-chan lover
Holy fuck she looks so mature in that outfit
ALSO LETS GOOOO THEY'RE FINALLY ON A PROPER DATE AAAAAA

Dex-chan lover
Aw mannn this is cute... his outfit is so charming!! In a uh. Overwhelmed by memories of my baby tween goth self way....

Somehow or another I grew up to be the taller, stylish, big titty boyfriend with a much shorter, MUCH gother girlfriend tho....

Ah fuck, these are some unhealthy amount of wholesome and fluff moments. Oh and I hope the old group doesn't get discouraged, still going to re-read the better quality scans if they get released.

i dont get the people complaining about low quality subs when like.... its meant so that we get out material faster. like ill still read boredom society because their translations are so funny and unique but im also gonna read these just to get ahead and know whats up. also it doesnt seem that low quality. its not like its a shitpost translation

I am disappointed nobody talked about how genius this panel is.

o3fQGLG_d.webp

@FredFriendly

What a joke. Your explanation is biased and tainted by an inaccurate train of thought. The "other scanlator" does not own the series that they, themselves, steal from the copyrightholder, so another scanlator is not stealing from the "other scanlator" but is also stealing from the copyrightholder. Nothing is stopping the "other scanlator" from continuing scanlating the series except, perhaps, their innate cry-baby attitude.

Are you stupid or are you just so dishonest you ignored my point completely? Let me copy past what i wrote again so you might actually get it this time:

"And, like it or not, sniping does mean stealing a project from another scanlator, so my explication is accurate. But the fact that you don't understand the implicit moral code between people (in this case scanlation groups) is actually kind of sad because it's the same IRL."

Get it now? It's not stealing in the legal sens, it's stealing in the moral sens.

Let me give you an example to dumb it down for you. If you stand in a line in a bank and someone who came after you passes in front of you, you could say he stole your place. Same thing in a parking lot. Does that mean you have a case in court? No. But is it morally wrong? Yes. That's why good people don't do it.

Power Uploader
@labanina so... ok let's ignore the 3 extra's. That's still 3 chapters in 1 month, how exactly is that slow? Especially since the title has a biweekly release schedule.

The "scanlator" is just wasting his time, why not snipe a title that actually is behind more than 6 chapters and isn't releasing faster than the release schedule.

@Vverg slow or not, why are you sitting on completed TL scripts for chapters 45-50? It's literally trickle-releasing.

Fed-Kun's army
@labanina
Cleaning, redrawing, type-setting,quality checking, obtaining good quality scans. Translating and getting the script out the door is not the end of the process y'know.

Granted I would like to know what the hold up is if what you're saying is true.

@BraveDude8 unless you redraw every sfx and watermark every page - no, I don't: every other part of the process is much faster and doesn't require rune-reading unicorns. You're going to tell me all that takes weeks? Don't make me laugh.

@MagmaDrago one theory is that bored want to release extra chapters and regular chapters in chronological order to avoid messing up timeline and confusing readers.
But that's pretty weak excuse for sitting on translations for weeks, throwing occasional extras to readers.
I get it that some groups don't want to catch up because they'll stop getting attention and internet points because hype dies for monthly manga while everyone waits for next raws.
BokuYaba is currently in that sweet spot where it's popular a lot and there's backlog of "untranslated" chapters to keep TL group readers interest sharp.

You know them 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 I stay at home taking care of sick mother releasers? That's essentially the same thing minus the patreon shekels.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@labanina Wow, it's almost like a scanlation group is comprised of multiple people with differing amounts of free time. Is it unacceptable for a group to be four chapters behind the raws while releasing consistently?

@BraveDude8
Is it unacceptable
what kind of question is that? do what you want, my opinion shouldn't be relevant to your efforts: you're doing it for free
just don't expect me to eat up your "we're going the fastest we can" when your TL was up to date with RAWs for months now

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@labanina Yes, I'm very aware of how little you care about everything but the script. Your releases prove that nicely, but most scanlators have higher standards when it comes to typesetting and redrawing.

Users who are viewing this thread