Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki-kun

Group Leader
This is going to turn into some heartwarming wholesome bullshit, isn't it?

Chapter 2 is basically Fox players complaining about the marth match up lmao. Nakamura looking like leffen is a bonus too.

But we all know socially awkward guy in real life doesn't have cute girl as a life guide

Dex-chan lover
But we all know socially awkward guy in real life doesn't have cute girl as a life guide
but he's not just some guy, he's the top player in the country
I bet Daigo went thru the same in the 90s

Dex-chan lover
Some people on this site should really be taking notes from this manga. Oh no it's pushing the agenda that maybe you shouldn't be a misanthropic piece of shit, boo boo, manga should only reinforce my teenager mentality. Grow up.

Manga continues to be good. This chapter was a bit lesser than the previous ones since it was mostly theorycrafting without any of his actual interactions with the group or people but it seems to be a pretty big set up for what she wants him to accomplish next chapter. Obviously they're throwing hints of romance starting in there but nothing too tropey or overbearing. More like normal getting to know each other stuff.

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary I am taking notes. Hard to put in effect but already showing results with the people I work with saying I'm friendlier now than I was before reading this.

Contributor
I definitely wouldn't say that you need to have a backlog of topics to draw from, but being well read and aware about the people around does go a long wa.y This really seems like a solid read with some solid advice for those less social.

Seems like oregairu, social outcast into soft harem series.

Guess how good it'll be will depend on the strenght of the support cast.

Since it s a really famous novel i hope it's that good

Anyyway, thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Pretty generic and artificial, but it could have been a lot worse considering the premise.
@Lyanhyrt: You don't want to be taking life lessons from a manga, believe me. If you do you'll have a pretty brutal wake up call at some point when you realize there's a difference between fiction and reality.

Group Leader
Some thing that is very important that was missed out on chapter 3 is, well, how do you even get into the group in the first place. MC-kun avoided this issue by being introduced by hinami aoi. If you tried to join a group like that irl, people would be like "who the fuck is this guy? why is he following us?"

I did manage to shove myself into a group table where there were originally 6 people amongst 6 desks, but only because one of them decided to leave early. I could've taken much more upon the opportunity to expand relations but it takes a lot of courage to go beyond what I did, I guess. (All I did was assist them with some problem solving and in return they helped me on something I wasn't paying attention to in the class)

Speaking of using conversation recorders, not only is that uber creepy if someone finds out, it's hard to get one with decent enough quality mic other than perhaps using a phone, and smartphones' downsides is that they are touch screen operated, so you can't operate them reliably without looking at them. I'd also feel like I'd waste too much time memorising a fuckload of topics and probable answers to discuss when you can only expected 1/100th of those to actually be used, and to get reliable answers you'd need to memorise a lot of information, like literally an entire newspaper's worth every week to keep up with what's current.

So no, not a lot of advice is practical in this manga, and that's something an author who probably doesn't have introvertedness (MC-kun is an extravert in this manga, as proven in ch4) or ASD issues (a contributor to the developement of social anxiety) and the alike, will probably not understand fully.

Wait, did I miss something cause I don't really get what she's trying to say in last page

Group Leader
@superdoofus
She's...what's the word for an exaggerated character? The absolute pinnacle of a character trait, pushed to its limit. She's supposed to represent a social chameleon, someone who'll go to any lengths to fit in.
This trope is pretty common. It's just really easy to identify with her especially, haha.

This is what Haganai should have been. People trying to overcome their issues instead of instant nonsensical harem

Users who are viewing this thread