Boukenka ni Narou! Skill Board de Dungeon Kouryaku - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Fed-Kun's army
My guess is that in the next chapter they'll betray him in order to escape and at that point he'll realise that they're worthless and either kill them or let them be killed (with probably having the guy who saw the interface miraculously survive to be one of the antagonists later in the story)... I'll be really disappointed if the author decides to let such trash live. 💀

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell did he put his mask back on and not just kill/disable them when they can't see him? Why did a monster parade need to come from literally nowhere at that exact moment? How long have these guys just been sitting around waiting for them on this level when they didn't even know manager lady was there? When will we finally get MCs who don't tolerate rapists outside of edgy/revenge stories? Find out next time on Dragonball Z!

Author have no ball to make his mc cruel, when both the female is out of the way. The MC have the oppurtunity to end it all, but nope. I have not seen a fcking reason to make the MC talk to them and even make it a joke with his thin presence and it's not even fcking funny. And is talking about a mean comment in your blog and show your logic how you knew it to them is so fcking important?

Thank you for your hard work for TLing this.

@nunally that's it a cool theory, but the author somehow not show that thought process and instead making a joke out of mc thin presence and about his blog. And just like @fro5tburn said, this chapter is very questionable.

And @fgosegul yeah it's as you said, but author probably already give death sentence for the three guy from this monster parade. So, author won't make the mc even harm/disable/do cruel things/ kill/retaliate/ against an enemy who put his teammates in grave danger. And just let the monster do it.

Supporter
I can see why this took so long to get out. “Do we really want to translate this dumpster fire of a chapter? Think of the readers.”

Dex-chan lover
@sep10trion whether the rapists survive or not their lives are ruined my dude 1. They used an adventurer’s name without his knowledge 2. A guild employee (forgot if oosoi is from the guild or just a store) witnessed both the attempted rape and assault. 3. They already had a pissy reputation since they needed to use matsu’s name to get people to listen

@Nunally That's a good point, and it makes sense. However, it needs to be shown somehow in the story itself, or else people will just assume that MC is spineless (which has precedence). Also, even before this monster parade, it looked like he was taking it easy while the hooligans started to rough up his friend. He only stopped them when the one guy was about to kill her. This chapter is very questionable.

Fed-Kun's army
Heh, yeah, what Nunally said. There sure are a lot of comments questioning the intelligence of the MC without stopping to question their own first. 😜

Double-page supporter
Why even try to get out of the situation together with those 3 shitheads?

Double-page supporter
Imagine not just getting out and shutting the door so none of them can escape.
IMAGINE BEING THIS MUCH OF A PUSSY

Dex-chan lover
@Fro5tburn as a fan of stealth games, I can say that the moment you attack can be the moment you lose (or restart the mission in my case because I always aim a perfect stealth), so I dont have a problem if in the end he rescued her. But yes, I see that his next action is very questionable, why 'just kidding' is enough for him to forgive them -_-

@Twia I agree with you, I think what you said is right.

This manga has a light novel. I checked it after reading this chapter. If you want to know what's going on, here it is. I ask those of you who are currently engaged in a discussion about this to tag the other party and direct them toward this comment so we can bring an end to the speculation.
Those of you expecting the protagonist to have a good reason for saving them, like @nunally, you're wrong. Those of you thinking it's just an act and that he's just raising their hopes to let them down later, you're wrong. Those of you who think his goal is to make sure they properly face the judgement of the law, you're wrong. The protagonist is just the standard Japanese MC who must save everyone. You want proof? Below are excerpts of chapters 62 and 63:

From chapter 62:

He could still help them.

So, hurry!

Move faster!

But the wave of monsters was thick.

And his attacks weren’t fast enough.

He wanted to help Shikama and the others, but it was all he could do to keep the monsters at bay. He couldn’t break through the wall.

It was like a nightmare

He felt horrible.

From chapter 63:

Even though he was still fighting, Haruki was stunned.

If he wasn’t careful, his legs would give in under him.

—He couldn’t help them.

They had tricked Oiso and attacked Karen.

He wasn’t going to forgive them for that.

However, he had still wanted to save their lives.

He wanted to save any life that he could.

He didn’t want to see someone die in front of him ever again…

It wasn’t because of some lip service about ‘all life being equal.’

It wasn’t even about justice.

It was just his own ego.

But it was also Haruki’s sense of responsibility.

What he thought an Adventurer should be.

Without it, they would be just like the beasts.

It was the last bit of pride as a human that he clung to.

That was why Haruki had fought alongside them.

Well, he had tried to…

But what was gone could not be returned.

The scene before him.

The emotion, every detail, he would carve it into his heart.

So that he would not make the same mistake again.

He closed his eyes for a fraction of a second.

And then he switched gears

So, yeah, they do end up dying, as most of you expected, but the protagonist is a joke. This kind of ham-fisted storytelling makes me sick.

Verdict: Dropped.

Dex-chan lover
They almost killed and raped his partner and person he was rescuing and he turns around and goes "howdy new friends"?

What the fuck happened in this chapter? I have been enjoying this series up until now.

Dex-chan lover
@trenslime
It's easier to accept them as temporary comrades, when you're grouped together against a literal horde of monsters that wants them all dead.
At least, I really hope the MC doesn't plan on keeping them around. There's no redemption for these sort of characters...
edit: nevermind, reading dummyaccount's spoiler, the MC is a retard.

Users who are viewing this thread