Boukensha License wo Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei wo Oukasuru - Vol. 7 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why people hate this chapter, in fact this chapter pretty popular in japan

Fed-Kun's army
What. How stupid are you fools? Hexing a man, to the point that he comes incredibly close to death just to keep him from fighting? And then when it gets reversed, he needs to die? Hmm? And then refusing the help of that man, who is the greatest sorcerer alive? How does that make any sense to you?

Dex-chan lover
The author of the source novel did not arrive at an explanation of the curse before serialization began, and the novel stalled-out. The person writing the manga adaptation has tried to fix the mess, but failed.

It's just that simple.

Supporter
That's like the most bullshit reason ever to curse someone you respected. Well, unless you're some kind of yandere or demented person lol

This chapter is so ridiculous. I bet the MC will forgive them despite them being the cause of almost dying.

Dex-chan lover
I can actually accept that THAT was the reason why the MC was cursed. I can understand why some would call bullshit on it, though.
From what I've seen, they went through a great deal of pressure and frustrations. Years upon years of mindless violence, doesn't do well to your psyche. You get desperate, and twisted.

But on the other hand, it's not very fulfilling of a reason. I feel like it would've been better to start off from there, rather than try to use it as a mysterious plot-point -- the MC would know why he got cursed, and be told to "lie down already and learn your lesson", but fail to notice that the curse was too strong and nearly killed him, and then he'd break the curse by essentially doing what they wanted to prevent him from doing: playing the self-sacrificing hero. Essentially, irony all around 24/7.

As-is, the MC being cursed to die, as the story started, and the reason why he got cursed being played "as a mystery", can easily makes this chapter feel stupid, yeah. This story should get a re-write, tbh.
EDIT: After reading the comments properly, I agree that this whole development is really dumb. But, I also feel like this sort of plot *can* be played out if it was written in the proper sequence.

That's not a good enough reason, y'all saw that he nearly DIED not knowing why, and didn't even have the balls to tell him. You're trash, I spit on you, you deserve worse.

Dex-chan lover
That's the most retarded reason to kick someone out of the party. I've read similar scenarios like this but damn this must be the most retarded reason out of all of them.

(Well, most of them are just kicking people for being "useless" but they weren't aware of the MC's true power soooo...)

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe I'm just dumb but what's with almost everyone shitting on this chapter? I can understood the reasoning why they did it but why is everyone saying it's a bad reason?

Double-page supporter
The hero had enough time to think about justifying his actions after the curse rebounded.

Then why is Alan trying to kill him now is what I don´t get. Just because the hex got removed doesn´t really mean that he will return to the battlefield especially now that he has someone to protect.

@ImRealmz
simpletons with brain rot are the primary demographic on this website and a situation more complex than bad man is bad hurts their heads
this chapter was kino of the first order. douglas saved alan by telling him to live for himself after his vengeance but alan could not do the same for douglas because douglas was senior to him but he still wanted his companion not to continue on his suicidal downwards spiral. things ended up getting pretty fucked as a result and do you know what that's just the way the cookie crumbles. people striving with the best intentions to do right by each other and dealing with the problems that arise as the result of the world not being ideal is good storytelling

lmao this motivation would be good except the story execution is so ham fisted

Double-page supporter
So it's typical "i hurt you because i don't want you to get hurt anymore" stuff like lots of story out there, and i always find this stuff to be distasteful because that's NOT how you stop hurting other people, it'll only add new wound to the already existing wound, very very stupid

Users who are viewing this thread