Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to the day Angie learns she has a younger brother. And I'm wondering why Angie doesn't need to suppress any demon lord power like Byaku does?

Also, I'm kind of hoping we get to see Angie and Marie spar to see who's better.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for the chapter!

And I'm wondering why Angie doesn't need to suppress any demon lord power like Byaku does?
Could be:
A, It's thanks to her training with DAD
B, Since they are artificial, she may have been given the power a different way, that proved more efficient
C, She might be more compatible with it
D, Demon lord power is a misdirection, and her strength is genuinely, fully hers and hers alone. It is often a trope in manga that the "fantasy Japanese" that have pitch black hair, a trait found in no other group of humans because that makes sense are living somewhere in the far east from where the story is taking place and she might be from there.

Dex-chan lover
Swear I've already read this, like I remember the fedora dude reuniting with bel. Am very confusion

Dex-chan lover
And I'm wondering why Angie doesn't need to suppress any demon lord power like Byaku does?
iirc, Byaku is an experiment of some sort, which is why his hair changed color from his original look (I think? iirc he had black hair when he first showed up as a bad guy). Angie is probably more like Mit, a natural case where it's just part of them rather than something forcibly infused, so she doesn't have to worry about anything "taking over" because there's nothing else there to take over.

Dex-chan lover
Millie is great, ready to fight for her friend's brother's purity with no hesitation at all, and no thoughts of the aftermath.

4b559b0d61aea7786c99dc8bcd2cc044.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Looking forward to the day Angie learns she has a younger brother. And I'm wondering why Angie doesn't need to suppress any demon lord power like Byaku does?

Also, I'm kind of hoping we get to see Angie and Marie spar to see who's better.

Because of the power of love.

But yeah, seriously, I think that having negative emotions is the biggest factor in using the demon lord's power effectively, given that most humunculi are sad or angry. Angie has been lucky to experience love and affection, so the fact that she is happy and uses her father's teachings to stay calm and make rational decisions, is the reason she is able to suppress her demonic powers.

However, I suspect that she used her demonic powers once without knowing it, when she had a minor emotional breakdown during the spar with her father.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Belgrieve knows some very powerful people lol
( wonder if elf heartthrob will return to story in person )

Dex-chan lover
D, Demon lord power is a misdirection, and her strength is genuinely, fully hers and hers alone. It is often a trope in manga that the "fantasy Japanese" that have pitch black hair, a trait found in no other group of humans because that makes sense are living somewhere in the far east from where the story is taking place and she might be from there.
yummy racism lore😋

Dex-chan lover
Ahhhhh that'll be it, ngl the anime was very forgettable
It was rushed AND low quality.
I don't want to harp on the quality aspect too much, there are a ton of small anime studies that lack the budget, personnel and time to make something like Frieren in terms of production value, but that is no excuse for rushing things. The ascendence of a bookworm anime is, imo a great example of making the most of what you have, but in this case it very much felt like they were just "going through the motions" and the cherry on top of this rotten cake is that the fact there was an adaptation already will make it 1000x harder to do a reboot/remake of it :/
Pretty sad situation overall, was hoping the anime could skyrocket the popularity of the manga & ln, but it very much had the opposite effect.

Users who are viewing this thread